It sounds simple enough: As a business, you need to be where your customers are. That may mean selling on social media, selling on your website, or even opening a pop-up store. But to sell on these various channels, you’ll want to have the right options for how you accept payment. This is where your omnichannel strategy comes in; by accepting payments through multiple channels, you give your customers the gift of convenience — and you avoid missing out on sales.
With Square, you have a plethora of options, so where do you start? We’ve created an omnichannel decision tree to show you what payment options you have on any channel, breaking down how to accept payment depending on how you want to sell. Online, in-store, and everything in between, we’ve got you covered.
Consider using Virtual Terminal to processcard-not-present transactions like over the phone or online orders where you would like to charge the customer remotely. You can also wirelessly hook your computer up to Square Terminal hardware and use Virtual Terminal as a touch-free, in-person payment option.
Accept different payments for customers using mobile wallets. From Cash App Pay to Apple Pay, customers can use their credit card or mobile payment app of choice by using the mobile wallets on their phone to complete a transaction.
In Person (Minimal Contact)
For a small business with one location, you may want to start with Square Terminal, an all-in-one credit card terminal for payments and receipts.
If your business has several locations, you may want to use Square Register or Square Stand. These are Square Point of Sale systems. Square Register includes software options, built-in payments, and a more complete Point of Sale while Square Stand can turn any iPad into a point of sale.
Pop up or mobile business
For pop-up businesses or even more mobile businesses that need to be on the go, consider Square Reader. It’s an easy and contactless way to accept chip cards and other contactless payments like credit card, debit card, or Apple Pay, and Google Pay transactions.
- Send a payment link or invoice to customers within Square Messages so all your conversations or questions about transactions stay in one place.
Through your existing website
Process online web payments through Square Checkout, a prebuilt payment flow hosted by Square. With Square Checkout, you can add customized buy buttons to your site. This checkout form offers SSL support and provides PCI DSS compliant payment processing.
Use Square eCommerce API to process online payments on your own self-hosted website.
Add an online ordering option to your existing website by linking out to a simple Square-hosted ordering page. Give your customers the option to order ahead, schedule delivery, and more.
Your mobile app
Route to your website
Checkout through social media
- Use Square Checkout Link in a post so your followers can pay regardless of social platform.
- Sell directly on Instagram with a Square eCommerce website. You can connect Square Online directly to your Instagram feed where followers can buy in-app.
- Sell directly on Pinterest by connecting your Square Online Store in Square Dashboard to Pinterest.
- Sell on TikTok by linking TikTok videos directly to items on your Square Online Store.
Direct checkout; no website needed
- Send a payment link so customers can check out right from their mobile phones. You can customize your checkout page, then copy and paste the link into emails, text messages, or on social media. You can accept online payments with one click from multiple channels.