11 Benefits of Mobile Invoicing That Might Surprise You
You’ve done the work, now it’s time to get paid. Mobile invoicing is a quick and easy way for business owners to get paid promptly. Here’s a rundown of what mobile invoicing is, its benefits to your business, and how to send mobile invoices free within the Square POS app.
What is mobile invoicing?
Mobile invoicing is an easy way to bill your clients right from your mobile device so they can pay you quickly and securely. Now you can send and manage electronic invoices free through Square’s free POS app on your phone or tablet. Sign up for your free account to send an unlimited amount of invoices free- and only pay for each invoice that’s paid securely online.
Why should you consider mobile invoices
Mobile invoices are also really convenient. Over 80 percent of small business owners use mobile devices at least once a day to help run their business, according to research by Manta. Small business owners aren’t always in front of their computers, but they always have their phones at hand. Now you can send and manage invoices through our point-of-sale app, which makes it easier than ever to get paid quickly for your hard work.
As soon as you finish a job, you can send a mobile invoice from your phone no matter where you are. There’s no need to wait until you’re at your desktop or to send paper invoices in the mail.
Get Started With Square Invoices
Get paid faster with online invoices.Send Invoices with Square
Mobile Invoicing Benefits
- Free to use — Square’s mobile invoicing app is free. Download the POS app and send an unlimited number of invoices from your mobile device or desktop.
- Save time — Quickly create and send invoices anywhere, anytime, and quit spending hours catching up on your invoicing at the end of the week.
- Get paid faster — On average, Square’s invoices get paid in less than three business days. Once paid, funds from invoices are in your bank account in one to two days, or the same day with Instant Deposit.
- Convenient for clients — Your clients can easily and securely pay mobile invoices online from their phones or desktops with their debit or credit cards. If they’d rather pay by check or cash, you can easily log their payment in the system.
- Easy to manage — Keep track of which invoices have been paid and which are outstanding. With mobile invoicing, you can sort your invoices by paid, unpaid, overdue, sent, or draft, right from your phone or tablet.
- Send reminders — Have unpaid or overdue invoices? Easily send reminders to your customers from your mobile device to gently nudge them to settle their bills.
- Let customers pay later — Mobile invoicing can also be used to bill trusted customers who don’t have their credit card handy for in-person purchases.
- No more phone payments — Increase trust by allowing customers to enter their own credit card information through Square’s secure, PCI-compliant payments ecosystem, rather than taking various payment methods over the phone. (No more “Okay, let me read that back to you. 4012…”)
- Simple search — Search for specific invoices by entering a customer’s name in the search bar.
- Seamless accounting integration — Connect Square mobile invoicing with QuickBooks and other App Marketplace partners for easy bookkeeping.
No fees for your customers — You pay just 2.9 percent + 30¢ per invoice paid online. Your customers are never charged a fee to pay.
Send mobile invoices within Square Point of Sale
Square’s mobile invoicing feature is conveniently located inside your free Square POS app. Using our in-app, customizable invoice templates, you can invoice from anywhere and send unlimited invoices free.
How to use our mobile invoicing app feature
Using Square’s mobile invoicing feature is quick and easy. Here’s how to send invoices:
Download Square’s free POS app, which lets you take credit card payments and send professional-looking invoices all from your mobile device.
Select Invoices from the navigation menu.
Tap Create Invoice.
Enter your customer’s name and email address, then tap Add to Invoice.
If you want to send this invoice at a later date, tap the Send option and choose another send date.
Tap Add Item to add items from your item library, or enter a custom amount.
Creating an Invoice — 5 Important Steps to Avoid Mistakes
How to Set Up Recurring Payments
How to Create an Invoice
You May Also Like
3 Important Invoice Management Tips for Small Businesses
Essential Invoicing and Appointments Tools for Wedding Vendors
How to Invoice on Any Device (with Photos)
How to Use Our Free Invoice App Feature
The Decline of Magstripe Cards - and What That Means for Your Business