How to Use Our Free Invoice App Feature
A Free Invoice App and Point of Sale — All in One Application
The average smartphone user accesses almost 27 apps every single month, according to a 2015 Neilson study. We wanted busy business owners to fuss with one less.
That’s why our free POS app, Square Point of Sale (formerly Register) lets you tap into the power of Square Invoices without an extra app to download.
With the Square Point of Sale app, all your digital invoices, sales data, and payment processing is centralized in one place, so you can save time and get a faster view of your cash flow.
With Square you can manage all your invoicing needs right from your Square Point of Sale — and dedicate more time to running your business.
More than 3 Billion Dollars Has Been Paid Through Square Invoices
Get Started with Square InvoicesSend Invoices with Square
Why download a separate app for invoicing?
Our free Square Point of Sale app lets you send online invoices using Square’s proprietary invoicing software straight from your phone. You can also easily create new invoices and edit existing ones.
With Square Point of Sale, you can also:
- Send an unlimited amount of invoices free. You just pay a 2.9% + 30¢ processing fee for any invoice that gets paid online.
- Check which invoices have been paid and which are still outstanding, and easily send reminders.
- Accept tips for any professional services rendered or apply wholesale discounts.
- Use all our free point-of-sale features, including in-person credit card payments and inventory management.
- Swipe to take payment for outstanding invoices when you’re in person with your customers and pay only 2.75%.
And best of all? Never worry about downloading a separate invoice app again.
Find and use the invoice feature in Square Point of Sale
Mobile invoicing makes it easy to run your business even when you’re on the go. Here’s how to send invoices with the free invoice feature:
- Sign up for a free Square account, available for both Android and iOS users.
- Open Square Point of Sale and access your built-in mobile invoice app by selecting Invoices in the main menu.
- Tap Create Invoice to begin customizing your invoice.
- Enter your customer’s information, like their name and email address. Once you’re done, tap Add to Invoice.
- If you have inventory stored in your item library, tap Add Items or manually enter an invoice amount for goods sold or services rendered.
- Tap Send. That’s it!
What if I don’t need a point of sale?
No in-person sales? No problem. You can still use your Square Point of Sale app to store credit cards and process credit cards offline, or use the Virtual Terminal feature to accept credit card payments over phone, fax, or email. Or, you can just use it for our free invoice app feature.
Invoice apps that integrate with Square.
If you already have a mobile invoice app provider, not to worry. Square integrates with many of the world’s leading invoicing apps, including:
Learn more about how to integrate your current invoicing application or other business apps with Square in our App Marketplace.
Invoicing Tips: How to Manage Invoices
Free Invoice Templates for Download
How to Create an Invoice