Make sure your employees have all the information they need to successfully accept Square payments, even if you’re not there.
- Review all possible ways a customer may pay. This includes swiping payment cards with the Square Reader, swiping payment cards with Square Stand, manually entering payment cards, and accepting other tender types.
- Practice all types of payments with your employees by swiping your card. Keep in mind that you can refund these payments to practice refunds with employees.
- Give your team resources to troubleshoot payments and make sure they know to consult the Square Support Center if they encounter any issues while you’re not there. Print out these payment troubleshooting tips to leave by the cash register at your business.
- If you already have a start of shift or weekly meeting with your team, include a Square tip of the week to keep your employees educated. You can use tips from the Seller Community.
- If you’re managing appointments with Square Appointments, train your staff on navigating their Appointments profile.