After you set up your Square Stand with your iPad, swipe cards through the track in the front of the stand to accept payments.
To accept payments using Square Stand:
- Sign in with the email address and password associated with your Square account.
- If you’ve created items, tap the item(s) you’d like to sell from your Item Library or Favorites Page, or scan the bar code of an item with a SKU saved to your Item Library. Your item will be added to the current sale on the right.
To enter a custom sale amount, tap the keypad button located at the right side of the bottom navigation bar. You can also select a variable price item saved to your Item Library.
- Tap on the item in the the right-hand panel to add a description, create modifications, change the quantity and apply tax. When you’re done, tap cancel or save.
Swipe your customer’s card through the track at the front of your Square Stand or key in payment card information while your iPad is secured in the stand.
- With tipping enabled, your customer will see the option to leave a tip on the signature screen.
- Then have your customer sign with their finger. If you have the signature screen turned off for payments under $25, the signature screen will be skipped. If you’re processing a phone or internet order, write “Internet Order” or “Phone Auth” on the signature screen.
- Input your customer’s preferred receipt delivery method. If your Square Stand is connected to a receipt or kitchen printer, you also can print a receipt and kitchen ticket.
- With sign and tip on printed receipts enabled, you can print a paper receipt for your customer to sign and choose to leave an additional tip. Once you’ve finished swiping a payment and the paper receipt is printed, the final screen reads “Receipt Printed.”
- If you’ve chosen to print a receipt that requires a signature, you can settle these payments, including tip, from Square Register on the iPad within 36 hours.
Swipe Card Payments in Offline Mode with Square Stand
If you experience any connectivity issues, you can turn on Offline Mode to accept payments without an Internet connection. Transactions you accept while in Offline Mode will be processed if you regain Internet connectivity within 72 hours.
Payments processed offline will have the same standard swipe rate.
After processing payments offline, be sure to reconnect your mobile device to the Internet (either Wi-Fi or a data service plan such as 3G, 4G or EDGE) within 72 hours. Payments that haven’t been uploaded within 72 hours will expire and the money will not be captured.