After you set up your Square Stand with your iPad, tap or insert your customer’s card or tap their Apple or Android Pay enabled device to accept payments with the contactless and chip card reader. You can also swipe cards bearing a Visa, MasterCard or American Express logo that don’t have a chip through the track in the front of the Stand.
To accept payments using Square Stand:
- Sign in with the email address and password associated with your Square account.
- If you’ve created items, tap the item(s) you’d like to sell from your Item Library or Favourites Page, or scan the bar code of an item with a SKU saved to your Item Library. Your item will be added to the current sale on the right.
- To enter a custom sale amount, tap the keypad button located at the right side of the bottom navigation bar. You can also select a variable price item saved to your Item Library.
- Tap on the item in the the right-hand panel to add a description, create modifications, change the quantity, and apply tax. When you’re done, tap cancel or save.
- Tap Charge to trigger payment processing.
- Insert or tap your customer’s card with the contactless and chip card reader or key in payment card information while your iPad is secured in the stand. If the card doesn’t have a chip, and has a Visa, MasterCard or American Express logo, then swipe the card through the track in the front of the Stand.
- If prompted, your customer can enter their PIN for their purchase on the display of the iPad.
- Input your customer’s preferred receipt delivery method. If your Square Stand is connected to a receipt or kitchen printer, you also can print a receipt and kitchen ticket.