Accept Payments with Square Stand
After you set up your Square Stand with your iPad, touch or insert your customer’s card or touch their Apple or Google Pay enabled device to accept payments with the contactless and chip reader. You can also swipe cards bearing a Visa, MasterCard or American Express logo that don’t have a chip through the track in the front of the Stand. Please note that EFTPOS cards can’t be swiped through the track in the front of the Stand, but can be accepted via touch or insert if the card has a chip.
To accept payments using Square Stand:
- Sign in with the email address and password associated with your Square account.
- If you’ve created items, tap the item(s) you’d like to sell from your Item Library or Favourites Page, or scan the bar code of an item with a SKU saved to your Item Library. Your item will be added to the current sale on the right.
- To enter a custom sale amount, tap the keypad button located at the right side of the bottom navigation bar. You can also select a variable price item saved to your Item Library.
- Tap on the item in the the right-hand panel to add a description, create modifications, change the quantity, and apply tax. When you’re done, tap cancel or save.
- Tap Charge to trigger payment processing.
- Insert or touch your customer’s card with the Square Reader or key in payment card information while your iPad is secured in the stand. If the card doesn’t have a chip and has a Visa, MasterCard or American Express logo, then swipe the card through the track in the front of the Stand.
- If prompted, your customer can select their preferred account after inserting their card.
- If prompted, your customer can enter their PIN for their purchase on the display of the iPad.
- Input your customer’s preferred receipt delivery method. If your Square Stand is connected to a receipt or kitchen printer, you also can print a receipt and kitchen ticket.
Accept Card Payments on Square Stand Without Connecting to a Power Outlet
When Square Stand is not plugged in to a power outlet, it utilises the iPad’s battery to allow you to swipe magstripe cards and connect to the Square Reader for Contactless and Chip via Bluetooth to accept tapped and dipped chip card payments. Note: USB accessories are not supported in this mode.