If you’re using Employee Management or Square Payroll, you can keep track of the hours your employees work with Square Timecards. With Square Timecard reports, you’ll save time calculating employee hours and running payroll with automatic overtime and double-time calculations that are easily exported to Square Payroll or as a .csv file. Once you’ve set up your employee timecards, you can view your timecard reports right from your online Square Dashboard.
Set Up and Review Your Overtime Settings
Overtime settings are automatically associated with your state based on your location. You can confirm your location(s) by visiting Account and Settings in your online Square Dashboard.
Review Settings and Set Your Work Period:
- Visit Timecards in your online Square Dashboard > Settings.
- Review the overtime settings for your location(s).
- Click Work Period to set your start of work week and start of work day.
- Click Save.
To view your Timecards Report:
Visit Timecards > Labor Cost in your online Square Dashboard.
Timecard reports display a summary of hours for each of your employees for the date range you’ve selected. The overtime and double-time columns only appear in the report when at least one employee has reached overtime or double time.
If a timecard spans more than one day, it will be indicated by a + and the number of days the timecard has been open.
To view timecard activity, visit Timecards > Activity in your online Square Dashboard.
The Timecards Activity page displays a breakdown of individual timecards for employees.
Edit Employee Timecards
To edit an employee’s timecard from your online Square Dashboard:
- Click Timecards > Activity. Adjust the report filters to find the timecard you would like to edit.
- Locate and select the timecard.
- Adjust the clock in/out time or date.
- Click Save.
Export Timecard Reports
To export your timecard or activity report:
- Visit Timecards > Labor Cost in your online Square Dashboard.
- Select a time period.
- Click Export Labor Cost to download your Timecard Report as a CSV file.