From EMV and NFC to the liability shift, there’s a lot going on right now in the world of payments. But we’re here to make sure that you’re prepared. We’re doing that by 1) offering affordable, secure solutions so that you can accept any new form of payment, and 2) by making sure you’re in the know about how all of the new changes will affect your business.
We’ve been keeping you up to speed in the New Payment Technologies section of this blog. And now, we’re kicking off a monthly roundup of what we think are the best recent articles on the subject. So without further ado, here are a few to dig into:
- The EMV Card Deadline Is Coming. Here’s How to Prepare Your Business. (Entrepreneur)
- Is Now the Perfect Time for Mobile Payments? (Huffington Post)
- Apple Pay Is About to Get Much Better (Business Insider)
- Denver Metro Businesses Scramble to Adapt to New Card Technology (Denver Post)
- EMV Migration Forum Provides Explanation of Fraud Liability Shifts (Business Solutions Magazine)
- Beyond EMV: Why Cloud-Based Payments Security Is Key (Infosecurity Magazine)
- Google Demonstrates How Android Pay Will Work (NFC World+)
- Small Businesses Surveyed on EMV Awareness, Many Still Unclear on Liability Shift (SC Magazine)
- 5 Steps to Small-Business EMV Compliance (NerdWallet)
And finally, a recent Macworld article walks you through Square’s EMV and NFC solution (which accepts chip cards and contactless payments like Apple Pay) — and how you can put it to work for your business.
To get set up to accept both EMV and NFC payments, pre-order the Square contactless and chip reader.