Team Management Subscription & Pricing
With Team Management, you have access to tools that will help you manage your team easily. Offering both a free plan and paid plan, Team Management allows you to decide how you’d like to run your business — across locations, devices, and job functions.
When using the free plan, your team members will have the ability to clock in/out at your point of sale, while you’re able to track their time using timecards. You can also secure and restrict sensitive areas of your Point of Sale and online Dashboard with Team Permissions, at no additional cost. To get started with the free plan, simply add your first team member. Learn more about getting started.
With Team Plus, you’ll have access to advanced features, like unlimited sets of permissions, activity log by team member, sales reporting by team member, labor cost vs. sales reports, multiple wages, and more. To get started, sign up for a 30-day free trial here.
|Team Management||Team Plus|
|Pricing||Free for all locations||$35/mo per location|
|Square POS integration||✔️||✔️|
|Break violation reporting||-||✔️|
|Early break clock in prevention||-||✔️|
|Multiple wage rates||-||✔️|
|One set of permissions + Owner Passcode||✔||-|
|Unlimited sets of permissions + Owner Passcode||-||✔️|
|Analytics & Reporting|
|Activity log by team member||-||✔️|
|Sales reporting by team member||-||✔️|
|Aggregate Sales vs. Labor reporting||-||✔️|
|Individual Sales vs. Labor reporting||-||✔️|
Team Management vs Team Plus
When you sign up for Team Management, you’re able to create an owner passcode for yourself, as well as a single set of permissions that will apply to all your team members with Team Permissions. By using Team Permissions, your team members will have the ability to use a single Team Passcode to log into the point of sale. They can also use personal passcodes to clock in/out and use timecards — at no additional cost. Your owner passcode can then be used to override any passcode-related actions taken by your team members.
By signing up for Team Plus, you’ll have access to:
- Unlimited roles: Create unlimited team roles, each with their own custom permissions.
- Team member sales reporting: Track sales by team member, calculate labor vs. sales cost, and make paying out commissions easy.
- Multiple wages: Assign team members multiple job titles and wages.
- Labor vs. sales reporting: Run reports that track labor cost against sales by team member.
- Activity log by team member: Track sensitive actions taken by your team — such as processed refunds, comps/voids, and discounts.
Your subscription to Team Plus comes with a 30-day free trial. After your 30-day trial, you’ll be charged a prorated amount for the remainder of the current month for each location using more than one role. Moving forward, Square will charge you $35 on the first of each month for every active location with an assigned team member.
You can also pause your subscription or unsubscribe at any time. Similar to a cancellation, each pause is managed per individual subscription. To pause or unsubscribe from your Team Plus subscription:
- From your online Square Dashboard, visit Account & Settings
- Click Business > Pricing & Subscriptions.
- Under Subscription Pricing, click Manage next to the appropriate subscription.
- Click Pause Subscription or Cancel Subscription.
Note: You can pause for up to 3 months and unpause at any time. To learn more about pausing subscriptions, visit our Pause Subscription FAQs.
Learn more about managing your Square subscriptions and payment cards.