Square Appointments FAQs
Review answers to commonly asked questions about using Square Appointments.
How much does it cost to use Appointments?
Pricing for Square Appointments is based on the number of staff you have associated with your account. If you’re using Square Appointments for Individuals, there is no monthly subscription fee.
When you create staff to manage and book appointments with your account, you’ll be charged a monthly service charge depending on the number of active staff associated with your account.
- Appointments for Individuals: Free
- 2 to 5 staff: $60 per month and 2.65% processing fee + 10¢ for Interac
- 6 - 11 staff: $110 per month and 2.65% processing fee + 10¢ for Interac
- 11 + staff: Please contact us
Note: There is no extra fee for using Appointments with multiple locations.
When you create a staff member, you’ll begin your free 30 day trial.
How can I get started with Square Appointments?
Can I add booking with Appointments to my existing website?
Yes! If you already have a website, you can add the Appointments online booking widget to create a booking button. If you don’t have a website, Appointments offers a free online booking site for your clients to book online.
Can I use passcodes to track my staff’s sales?
While you can use passcodes to track staff hours, it’s not recommended that you use employee passcodes to track staff sales. The sale will automatically be associated with the staff member the appointment was booked with.
What if I don’t want to give my staff full access?
You can limit your staff’s access to Appointments by adjusting their individual employee profile.
- Service Provider: Allows staff member to manage their own calendar.
- Front Desk: Access to all staff calendars.
- Manager: Allows access to all calendars and account information. Manager role also allows staff members to sync their personal Google Calendar to Square Appointments.
Note: All of the above pre-set permission groups will automatically have Access Mobile Point of Sale enabled, with limited access. If you create a new group, you’ll need to make sure to manually enable this setting to allow your staff access to the Appointments app.
Will the Appointments app work on an Android device?
Yes. The Square Appointments app for Android is available to download in the Google Play Store.
Please note there are a few features that are not yet available on the Square Appointments app for Android. In the meantime, you will be able to access them from your Appointments dashboard on your laptop.
- Viewing an entire week’s calendar of appointments.
- Creating and managing personal events and recurring appointments.
- Viewing and scheduling appointments for other staff members.
- Viewing multiple staff members’ calendars at a time.
Can I use Square Appointments to book classes or groups?
Not at this time.
What happens if my client cancels last minute, or doesn’t show up for their appointment?
Why is my client seeing appointment times in a different time zone?
The time zone on your client’s computer will set the timezone on your booking flow and reminder emails.
Your client can select a different time zone when booking. Learn more about online booking.
How can I cancel my free trial?
There isn’t a way to cancel the free trial with Appointments. At the end of the trial, you’ll be notified that 30-days has passed. You can either discontinue use of Square Appointments or subscribe by choosing your preferred payment method.
Note: To make sure that you’ve successfully discontinued your free trial or subscription, visit the Pricing and Subscriptions page on your Dashboard.