Set Up Online Booking with Square Appointments
Square’s online scheduling software and tools provide a variety of ways for your clients to book with you.
There are three options:
- Set up a free online booking site that your clients can access if you don’t have one of your own.
- Create a full-service custom website with Square Online Store. It allows your customers to book appointments, purchase items, and stay up to date with your business.
- Embed a booking widget or button on your existing website, or add a booking button to your email so clients can easily request appointments based on your availability.
Staff and services visible for online booking can be managed from the Staff or Services sections of your online Appointments dashboard, or you can override these settings with advanced widget options.
Set up a free Online Booking Site
Your online booking site is a standard page where you can list business hours and get bookings that sync right with your calendar. It is included in your Square Appointments subscription and is easy to set up right from your Dashboard.
After you’ve created your online booking site, share the URL provided in the Online Booking tab of your Appointments dashboard or invite your clients via email and social media to give them immediate access to your booking site. If you’re managing multiple locations, each location will have a unique booking URL and set up page that can be viewed by switching locations from the Online Booking tab.
The business information reflected in your online booking site can be edited from the Locations section of your online Square Dashboard. Settings for staff and appointments services can be edited from your dashboard.
Set up a custom website with Square Online Store
Create a free website and allow your customers to book their appointments, purchase items, and stay up to date with your business. Your orders and appointment bookings are automatically synced with Square Appointments.
You can set up your website from your Appointments Dashboard:
- Navigate to your Square Appointments dashboard > click Online Booking > Booking Site.
- Under Create a professional website with Square Online Store select Create your website to get started.
Create a Booking Button for your existing website
Add a booking button to your website or your email signature. The button will take your clients to your Booking Site.
- Log in to your Square Appointments dashboard > Click Online Booking to view more options, then select Booking Site from the options.
- If managing multiple locations, select a location from the dropdown menu on the top left-hand corner.
- Scroll down to Create a booking button > Click Create a button to get started.
- Customize your button or leave it blank to show the blue default Book an Appointment text.
To add the button to your website: Add the HTML to the code for your page or use your website builder’s tool for adding HTML code.
To add the button to an email signature: Either add the code to your email signature or right click the button preview, copy it, and paste it into your signature. Choose the one that works best for your email client.
Embed your website link
Add the ability for your clients to book directly from your website using the booking widget.
- Visit the Online Booking tab of your Appointments dashboard > click Website Embed.
- Copy the block of code provided.
- Within your Content Management System (CMS), you’ll be able to paste this block of code, preview, and publish.
The booking widget will automatically resize to fit the space you add it to.
Steps for embedding the widget in your website will vary depending on your Content Management System (CMS), so we recommend visiting your provider’s Support Center for detailed instructions. Below you’ll find resources on how to embed a widget, or HTML code block, with some commonly used CMS tools:
Advanced Options for an existing website
You can create a widget that only shows specific services, specific staff, or a combination of both using the Website Embed Advanced Options.
- Click Create Advanced Widget and then click Create New Widget.
- Choose a name for the widget or leave the default name.
- Customize the staff and services to include and click Save.
- To edit or delete a widget, click Edit.
Note: If you choose a staff member who doesn’t have the selected service assigned to them, that service will not appear in the widget.
Edits made to the widget will automatically update anywhere that widget is installed. Deleting a widget from your dashboard will not automatically delete embedded widgets on other websites. If the deleted widget code is not removed from a website, an error message will display in place of the widget.
Once you have successfully setup your online booking, you can invite clients to book online.
Read how to disable your Square Appointments online booking site.