Brits spent an estimated £133 billion online in 2016. And the trend shows no sign of slowing down. Whether they’re comparing prices or looking overseas for a good range, shoppers are increasingly turning to the internet. To remain competitive, we want to ensure that Square sellers with brick-and-mortar businesses can easily reach their customers, no matter where they choose to shop.
Square for E-Commerce enables you to accept payments online with Square and your web shopfront powered by world’s most popular website builders: BigCommerce, Weebly, Ecwid, WooCommerce, Magento and Wix.
Whether you’re setting up your online store for the very first time, or updating your existing store, you can connect your Square account with one of the above platforms simply by selecting Square as your payment method. From there, when you view your sales on your Square Dashboard, you’ll see all e-commerce sales in the same location. It’s a simple, fully integrated and a 360-degree view of your business. Square makes it easier to process more sales, track your business performance and make informed decisions.
Integrating your online and in-store sales with Square creates some amazing efficiencies:
- Sell anywhere, anytime: You never have to track your online and offline businesses separately again. When you connect your Square account with selected e-commerce partners, you’ll get a complete view of all your sales over time, whether you’re processing them online or face-to-face.
- A complete payments ecosystem: Create efficiency by streamlining the number of platforms you connect — Square can take care of everything from point of sale, card payments, online payments, e-invoicing, employee management and powerful sales reporting.
- Make smarter decisions with all the information: Getting a full picture of everything you’re selling in every location helps you decide where your time is best spent investing more energy or capital to grow your business faster.
- More partners means more choice: With BigCommerce, Weebly, Ecwid, WooCommerce, Magento and Wix, you have your pick of outstanding platforms to build your online shopfront.
- Simple pricing: You’ll never be confused with unclear pricing schedules, variable rates for different card types or hidden fees. Payments accepted online with Square are charged at the flat rate of 2.5% per transaction — that’s it.
- Trusted payments: Square looks after your PCI compliance and payments security so that you can focus on building your best website. Deposits for your online payments are deposited in your bank account as fast as the next business day.
Here’s a rundown of the e-commerce platforms you can choose from:
Ecwid is the leading e-commerce platform for small and medium sized businesses. It’s the easiest and fastest way to sell anywhere. Grow your sales quickly through many channels, including web, mobile, Facebook, marketplaces like eBay, in-store, on-the-go and much more.
- Ecwid’s real-time integration with Square Payments and POS enables you to seamlessly bring your bricks-and-mortar business online and keep it all synced.
- Run your business anywhere with Ecwid’s mobile apps and web tools — all connected in the cloud.
- Ecwid is free, so start selling today.
WooCommerce powers 40% of all of the online stores across the world. Become a truly omnichannel business by powering your online and offline operations with Square and WooCommerce.
- Sell anything from physical products and digital downloads to subscriptions, memberships, bookings, and more.
- Take care of your inventory at your online and offline locations by syncing Square’s inventory management tool. If you sell a product, your product library will adjust accordingly.
- Choose from hundreds of trusted extensions to customise, design and add functionality to your online shopfront.
Wix Stores gives you all the tools you need to easily create a beautiful online store. Choose from hundreds of designer made templates and change anything you want to create your professional e-commerce website. Just drag n’ drop - no tech skills needed.
- Sell in person or on the go – with the Wix mobile app and Square POS. Accept card payments and keep your inventory and catalogue synced.
- Set customised VAT and shipping rules for each destination.
- Create, manage and share promotional coupons to keep customers coming back.
- Engage with customers and boost sales with integrated email marketing tools
BigCommerce provides all the tools and features required to build a modern online store to grow your brand and sell more.
- Make it easy for your customers to shop online, and for you to run your business. Integrate BigCommerce and Square to list your products across multiple channels natively from within a single platform, reducing time spent on backend management tasks and increasing overall selling potential.
- Keep your products and inventory in sync across systems. Inventory and orders are automatically updated across all your sales channels,removing the need for manual bookkeeping and the risk of overselling.
- Moving online is easy. With a few clicks you can dramatically expand your reach and sales by launching an online store and reaching millions of potential customers who may not be local to your store or market.
Weebly offers a surprisingly easy way to create a professional website, blog or online store for your business. Display products, showcase lookbooks, offer coupons, integrate your shopping and then sync with Square to grow sales on one platform with seamless, secure payments.
- Beautiful website design to customise your storefront and showcase your products, with no coding required.
- Enjoy a complete platform to manage inventory, track orders and handle taxes.
- Make use of Weebly’s platform tools like abandoned cart emails and coupons codes to help grow your sales online.
- Built in email marketing that syncs with your website and SEO tools to help your website climb in the search marketing ranks.
Bridge your Square account with your current Magento website with the new Square Payments Extension, available on the Magento Connect marketplace for Magento version 1.x and on the Magento Marketplace for Magento version 2.x.
- The seamless integration enables customers making a purchase online from your Magento-powered site to accept credit and debit cards using Square.
- A simple to install extension means you’ll be up and running quickly.
- Enjoy full PCI compliance for your existing e-commerce website with all transaction and payment processing handled offsite by Square.
Head to the Square App Marketplace to view all of our partners for e-commerce businesses.