Ordering in is the new dining out. Meet your customers where they are, and keep them coming back.
An all-in-one system
Hardware, software, orders and payments. The Square for Restaurants ePOS system makes operations easier so you can spend less time managing your restaurant, and more time serving your customers.
Meet increased takeaway demand.
The Square for Restaurants ePOS system helps pivot your business to meet the increasing trend of delivery and takeaway orders. When in-person dining comes back, you’ll be all set up on one platform.
- Manage all of your orders directly from your Square for Restaurants ePOS.
- View and complete orders using the Square Kitchen Display System.
- Use your own in-house couriers to handle delivery orders to cut costs.
The customer wins because the food is coming out quicker with less errors. It works well, we love it.
John O’Reilly, Burgerism, UK
Get orders for delivery and pickup from Deliveroo, Uber Eats, Just Eat and more straight to your POS via an integration with Deliverect. Consolidate online order reporting.
- Receive all online orders on one tablet.
- Skip manual order entry to reduce errors.
- Automatically print kitchen tickets.
Take orders on your restaurant website for no monthly fees or commissions. Set up delivery and Click and Collect.
- Easily import menu items for online sales.
- Orders are synced with your point of sale.
- Supports Instagram and Facebook ad integration.
Payment processing your way. Accept all types of payments quickly and securely, whether you’re tableside, behind the counter, online or on the go.
- Next-day transfers, the same rate across cards.
- No chargeback fees.
- End-to-end encryption and PCI compliant.
A kitchen display system that keeps your whole restaurant in sync.
- Handle the rush and reduce costs with digital tickets.
- Manage all your orders from one screen.
- Get food prepared and packaged just right.
Point of sale
Our restaurant ePOS system is built for speed. From menu management to coursing, every tool helps your team move faster.
- Optimise floor plans to turn more tables.
- Use conversational modifiers to speed up ordering.
- Repeat a round of drinks in a few taps.
There’s data behind every dish. Understand all aspects of your business with detailed data and custom reports.
- See real-time sales directly on your POS.
- Run reports by time of day, covers, employees, comps and voids.
- Know what sells best and get alerts when inventory is low.
Three simple plans. No hidden fees. Cancel anytime.
1.75% for chip and PIN and contactless payments.*
- M–F 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. GMT support
- Fast order entry
- Menu management
- Remote device management
- Order manager
- Dining preferences
- Multi-location management
- Square Team Management free plan
per month per location.
30-day free trial.
Includes Free plan and:
- 24/7 support
- Shared device settings
- Item availability tracking
- Live sales
- Advanced reporting
- Shift reports
- Close-of-day reports
- Square Team Plus
Must meet eligibility requirements.
*Custom pricing is available. Contact sales →
Square for Restaurants by the numbers
higher ticket size and 103% more transactions compared to similar restaurants using Square Point of Sale.
year-over-year average growth.
Based on US data.
Get started for free
Fast setup. No long-term contract. Cancel anytime.
- Is Square for Restaurants right for my business?
Square for Restaurants is built to work with single and multi-location full-service restaurants, counter-service restaurants, fast-casual restaurants, bars and lounges. If you use Micros, Aloha, Tevalis, Squirrel, Lightspeed or Epos Now, Square for Restaurants can likely fit your needs at a lower cost. We now offer a free version of Square for Restaurants, as well as two paid plans – Plus and Premium.
- How much does Square for Restaurants cost?
We have three pricing plans. Our Free plan covers basic day-to-day service. For more complex needs, our Plus plan is £69 per month per location with unlimited devices. To learn more about our Premium plan you can contact Sales. Plus and Premium include a 30-day free trial.
All three plans cover unlimited device use and have a processing rate of 1.75% for chip and PIN and contactless payments. Custom pricing is available if you contact Sales. For more details on our plans, visit our pricing page.
- What’s included in each of the three pricing plans?
All three Square for Restaurants plans include Fast Order Entry, Menu Manager, Table Management, Order Manager, Open Bills, Service Charge, Remote Device Management, Multi-Location Management, the Square Team Management free plan and M-F, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. GMT support.
With the Plus plan, you gain features, including Item Availability Tracking, Item Counts, Shared Device Settings, Advanced Reporting, Live Sales Reports, Shift Reports, Close of Day Reports, Square Team Plus, mPOS and 24/7 Support.
Premium subscribers get everything listed above as well as custom pricing for additional Square tools, such as Square Online Store, Square Loyalty and Square Marketing.
To see a complete list of features for each plan, visit our pricing page.
- Is hardware included?
Hardware is not included with Square for Restaurants subscriptions, but you can explore compatible kits and devices to build a package that suits your needs. We also work with iPad and industry kitchen printers, receipt printers, cash drawers and routers, so you can use your existing hardware as well.
- Is the hardware bought or leased?
All hardware, whether purchased as a one-time cost or financed, is bought. It’s 100% yours once you’ve completed payments.
- How do I set up Square for Restaurants?
You can sign up for the free version of Square for Restaurants or start a free 30-day trial of Square for Restaurants Plus here. Please note: You’ll need to use a computer to sign up. Setup is simple, and you can self-onboard with the Free and Plus plans. But if you need help, we offer 24/7 customer support. To discuss a custom Premium plan, contact our Sales team.
- Is Square Register compatible with Square for Restaurants?
Square Register is compatible with the Square for Restaurants Free, Plus, and Premium plans.
- How do I set up Square for Restaurants on Square Register?
Setup on Register is simple, and this support article explains everything you need to know. Note that you’ll need to update your software to the latest version (details on that here) and create a device code on your Square Dashboard before signing in and following the on-screen instructions.
- What is Square for Restaurants mobile POS?
Square for Restaurants mobile POS enables you to take orders and payments tableside or in the queue on a handheld device. Square for Restaurants mobile POS is available only to Plus or Premium plan subscribers.
- Which devices can I use to run Square for Restaurants mobile POS?
If you want to take orders and payments tableside or in line with Square for Restaurants mobile POS, you have two device options:
- Square Terminal, a portable, all-in-one device with a built-in receipt printer. If you already have a Square Terminal and want to start taking tableside orders and payments with Square for Restaurants mobile POS, learn how to get it set up.
- Mobile POS kit, with a custom L7 Case and Square Reader.
You can mix and match devices based on your needs. You’ll still need to have at least one countertop device enabled to execute closing procedures, monitor live sales and perform certain bill actions (e.g. bulk actions, split bills and merge bills). We plan to add some of this functionality to Square for Restaurants mobile POS in the near future.
- Is Square Terminal compatible with Square for Restaurants?
Square Terminal is compatible with Square for Restaurants. You can use Square for Restaurants mobile POS on one or more Square Terminal devices to take orders and payments tableside or in the queue. Square for Restaurants mobile POS is available only to subscribers on a Plus or Premium plan.
- How do I set up Square for Restaurants on Square Terminal?
Setup on Square Terminal is simple, and this support article explains everything you need to know. First, you’ll need to update your software to the latest version (details on that here) and create a Square for Restaurants mobile POS device code on your Square Dashboard. Then, sign in and follow the on-screen instructions.
- How do I switch from Square Point of Sale to a Restaurants plan?
You can switch from Square Point of Sale to the Free or Plus Square for Restaurants plans by subscribing. You’ll be able to utilise your existing features and setup. The only new setup will be for added functionality that’s included with your Restaurants plan.
- How do I upgrade or downgrade my Square for Restaurants plan?
You can upgrade from the Free restaurants plan to the Plus plan by subscribing to it here. You’ll be able to utilise all existing features and setup. The only new setup will be for the added functionality that’s included with your upgrade. After your 30-day free trial, you’ll be charged £69 per month per location. If you choose not to subscribe, you’ll be downgraded to the Free Restaurants plan, and you can continue to use the Restaurants POS system or choose to use Square Point of Sale.
You’ll have the option to keep your Team Plus subscription. (If you cancel it, you’ll still be able to utilise the Team Management free plan features.) You’ll see messaging in your Dashboard letting you know which features you’ll lose with the downgrade. You can see and compare plan features on our pricing page.
To upgrade to the custom Premium plan, contact our Sales team.