Table of contents
Communities around the world are facing unique challenges right now. For business owners, the stakes are particularly high – you may be navigating new situations or making changes and decisions you never expected to make.
We’ve compiled some tips and guidance from Square to help you.
To hear more from Square about additional resources and updates on Square products, please refer to our Resource Hub, which will be updated frequently.
For more information on federal and state regulations and resources, please reference this article.
Health and Safety
Keeping yourself, your employees and your customers safe is a top priority right now and always. There are a variety of methods you can use – like contactless payments – to protect your business and customers.
Communicating with Customers
Reaching out to customers to give updates and keep them informed on how they can interact with your business is a great way to maintain your customer relationships. Put together an email and social media strategy to guide your approach to keeping your customers in the loop.
- 13 Email Marketing Ideas for Small Businesses
- How to Use Facebook Live for Your Small Business
- How to Promote Square eGift Cards for Your Small Business
- How to Drive Sales Through Improved Email Marketing
- Tips to Create and Manage an Instagram Business Account
Managing and Communicating with Employees
This time is as unpredictable for you as it is for your employees. Your first priority is to keep your team healthy. Whether that means employees are working from home or not coming into work at all, here are some resources to help you manage them.
- Department of Health Information for Employers
- Burnout Is Real – Here’s How to Prevent It
- How To Motivate Employees During The Coronavirus Crisis
2020’s various mandated business closures and travel restrictions may make your sales patterns unpredictable. Here are some resources to help you manage and evaluate your current financial status, and discover the best way to triage a cash flow problem.
- 5 Tips for Business Owners to Manage Their Cash Flow
- How to Improve Your Cash Flow Management
- 6 Accounting Tips For Your Business for 2020–2021
- How to Create a Business Continuity Plan
Square has a number of cash flow management tools to help you manage your business finances online. Here are a few steps you can take to get a clear picture of your finances using Square Dashboard:
- Generate reports: View your sales, spending, and transfers in a simple report. You can also add filters to include the components most useful to you.
- Track spending by adding Personal and Business labels to your transactions.
- Transfer funds in the Balance section of your account.
Whether your business needs to implement social-distancing measures, or you’ve decided to temporarily close your doors, or you’re starting to consider the possibility of having to, now is the time to consider letting your customers know how to find you online.
If you don’t yet have an online store, below are resources to help you get up and running. If you do, we’ve provided some helpful resources to help you maximise your efforts to sell online.
- How to Start an Online Store For Free
- How to Choose the Right Online Store Platform for Your Business
- How to Sell Products Online with eCommerce Marketing
- How to Drive Sales to Your Website
- How to Increase Gift Card Sales
We will continue to update this guide and our resource hub with more information and guidance to help you navigate these challenging times in the coming weeks.
This article and linked resources are for informational purposes only and do not constitute professional advice. For specific advice applicable to your business, please contact a professional.