Table of contents
Retailers come in all shapes, styles and sizes – and, in 2020, they’ve needed to be more flexible and agile than ever before. With many brick-and-mortar businesses moving to an online-only model and COVID-19 driving the emergence of click and collect as a preferred delivery channel, the retail landscape has evolved significantly in recent months.
At Square, we’re here to help you run your retail business seamlessly. Our new retail-specific POS system gives you all the tools you need, no matter your size or type. Whether you sell in-store, online or use a combination of the two, Square for Retail puts everything you need at your fingertips.
Offering advanced inventory and employee management, multi-channel sales and payments capability, comprehensive analytics and sophisticated customer management, Square for Retail makes daily operations simple, so you can focus on growing your business.
Why use a retail-specific POS system?
Tools like Square for Retail were created with the retail workflow in mind. More than just a cash register, they’re designed to streamline, automate and simplify the everyday of running a retail business.
A quality retail POS system will make accepting payments and managing inventory easy, allow you to manage your team and customers, and importantly, be flexible enough to support you today and into the future as your business evolves and grows.
What features are included in Square for Retail?
- Seamless instore and online selling: Reach your customers wherever they are with a free POS app and online store that sync orders and inventory in real time. Square for Retail allows customers to buy directly from your Instagram page and choose to collect items in-store or have them delivered. You can also offer physical and eGift cards and access advanced eCommerce tools like abandoned cart reporting and email templates.
- Advanced inventory management: Our intuitive inventory management tools let you manage unlimited items and product categories, view stock levels across your store(s) and generate and print barcode labels. It’s easy to manage your vendors and create and send purchase orders – you can even set up email notifications to alert you when stock levels of a particular SKU are running low.
- Sophisticated customer management: Automatically created customer profiles allow you to view their sales history across all channels. Sort customers into groups and create custom loyalty programs to reward your strongest supporters.
- Complete team management: Empower your employees with end-to-end team management tools that support timecard reporting, break tracking and allow you to set passcodes for individual POS access and system permissions.
- Integrated payments: With Square for Retail, multi-channel payments are integrated into your POS. Whether your customers pay by card, Apple Pay, Google Pay or gift card, payment information is protected by PCI DSS compliant data security. Send professional estimates, invoices and automatic reminders and track payments in real time. You can also choose when funds are transferred from your Square account to your bank.
- Flexible POS hardware: Whether you run your retail business from a card reader and mobile device or have a full POS setup, Square’s flexible hardware solutions have you covered. Use Square Reader to accept payments on the go, turn your iPad into a point of sale system, or use Square Terminal, our all-in-one credit and eftpos machine for payments and receipts.
How much does Square for Retail cost?
Square for Retail’s flexible plans let you choose a retail POS that’s right for you.
If you’re just starting out, our free plan includes a point of sale app and online store, plus the ability to add unlimited items. Square for Retail Plus is $109 per month per location, and gives you access to advanced team management and inventory tools, along with detailed reporting. Square for Retail Premium is perfect for businesses looking to scale, with everything you need to run a thriving retail operation.
How do I get started with Square for Retail?
Square for Retail can help you to streamline, simplify and reduce the complexity of your retail business. Visit the Square website to learn more or start your free trial.