Curious what Square Payroll can do for your business? All of the following are available to you at no extra cost - our price of $25 per month plus $5 for each employee or 1099 contraction you pay that month is all you’ll pay for Square Payroll. If you’re only paying contractors, you’ll pay just $5 for each contractor you pay that month, with no monthly subscription fee.
Payroll Tax Payments and Filings
- Automated tax payments: Square Payroll pays state and federal taxes on your behalf.
- Automated tax filings: Square Payroll files your tax forms with state and federal tax departments.
- Automated new hire reporting: Square Payroll reports your new employee hires to the appropriate state agency when you add them to payroll.
- Pay employees and contractors: Have employees and contractors on your team? No problem, you can pay them both through Square Payroll.
- Off-cycle payments: Pay employees outside of their regular pay schedule or issue final paychecks.
- PTO and vacation tracking: Set up PTO accrual, track hours earned, and pay out PTO to your team.
- Flexible payment methods: Pay your team by direct deposit, printed checks, or handwritten checks.
- Benefit Deductions and Contributions: Set up benefits so employee deductions and employer contributions are automatically calculated and taxed correctly.
- Post-Tax Deductions and Garnishments: Set up post-tax deductions that are automatically calculated in your employee’s paychecks to manage garnishments and other paycheck deductions.
- Square Payroll and Quickbooks Online: Save time and simplify your bookkeeping by syncing your Square Payroll reports directly to Quickbooks Online.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance: Our partnership with AP Intego enables you to set up and pay workers compensation insurance as you go.
- Square Point of Sale Time Tracking: Employees and contractors clock in and out through the Square Point of Sale app and you can import employee hours into Square Payroll with a click.
- Timecard Integration Partnerships: Use one of our partners for time tracking and import employee timecards with a click.
At this time Square Payroll does not support the following:
- Household Employers: Square Payroll is for use only for businesses that file Form 941 or Form 944.