Square Payroll’s easy-to-understand cost structure means you’re paying less for payroll, which lets you invest more back into your business.
Square Payroll is currently available in limited jurisdictions.
How Much Does Square Payroll for Employees and Contractors Cost?
Square Payroll offers an easy-to-use payroll service for the simple, affordable price of $29 per month plus $5 for each employee or contractor you pay that month.
For example, if you have 8 employees or contractors on Square Payroll but only pay 3 that month, you pay a total monthly fee of $44: $29 monthly subscription fee + $15 in employee or contractor fees (3 employees/contractors at $5/employee or contractor).
How Much Does Square Payroll for Contractors Only Cost?
There is no subscription fee for paying only contractors, just $5 per contractor paid per month, even if they’re paid multiple times in a given month.
No Hidden Payroll Fees
Our pricing of $29 per month plus $5 per paid employee or contractor is all you pay with Square Payroll.
There are no extra fees for:
- Tax payments to the state and federal government
- Tax filings to the state and federal government
- Generating and filing employee Form W-2
- Generating and filing contractor Form 1099-MISC
- Employee/contractor time tracking
- Employee/contractor online accounts
- Direct deposit to employee/contractor bank accounts
- Final pay calculations
- Paid time off (PTO) and/or Sick Pay tracking
- Off-cycle payments
- Custom Reporting and QuickBooks Online Integration
- Pretax deductions
- Post-tax deductions
- Pay-as-you-go workers’ comp integration
- Automatic Payroll
You will be billed on the 1st of the month (or first business day if the 1st lands on a weekend) for the previous month’s payroll fees.
Billing is based on the sent date, not on the pay date. For example, if payroll is submitted on January 31st but the employee/contractor pay date is February 5th, fees for these employees and/or contractors will apply to the month of January and be billed February 1st.
Note: You won’t be charged for Square Payroll until you’ve processed your first payroll run. You’ll then pay the $29 subscription fee each month, even if no payroll runs are processed in that timeframe.
Square Payroll allows you to pay your fees through either the bank account linked to payroll or to a credit/debit card.
To link a payment card:
- Visit Pricing & Services in your online Square Dashboard.
- Click “Update payment method.”
- Select Credit Card and enter your credit card details.
- Click Confirm.
Note: If you are subscribed to any additional services from Square, adding a payment card will change your billing preference for all services.