Accept Payments Online with Square for E-Commerce
Australians spent an estimated $21 billion online between October 2015 and October 2016. And the trend shows no sign of slowing down. Whether they’re comparing prices or looking overseas for selection, shoppers are increasingly turning to the Internet. To remain competitive, we want to ensure that Square sellers with brick-and-mortar businesses can easily reach their customers, no matter where they choose to shop.
That’s why we’re proud to introduce Square eCommerce, enabling you to accept payments online with Square Online Stor, or via athird party web shopfront powered by world’s most popular website builders: BigCommerce, Weebly, Ecwid, WooCommerce, Magento and Wix.
Whether you’re setting up your online store for the very first time, or updating your existing store, you can connect your Square account with one of the above platforms simply by selecting Square as your payment method. From there, when you view your sales on your Square Dashboard, you’ll see all e-commerce sales in the same location. It’s a simple, fully integrated, 360-degree view of your business that you won’t get anywhere else. And it makes it easier to process more sales, track your business performance and make informed decisions.
Integrating your online and in-store sales with Square creates some amazing efficiencies:
Sell anywhere, anytime: You never have to track your online and offline businesses separately again. When you connect your Square account with selected e-commerce partners, you’ll get a complete view of all your sales over time, whether you’re processing them online or offline.
A complete payments ecosystem: Create efficiency by streamlining the number of platforms you connect — Square can take care of everything from point of sale, card payments, online payments, e-invoicing, employee management and powerful sales reporting.
Make smarter decisions with all the information: Getting a full picture of everything you’re selling in every location helps you decide where your time is best spent investing more energy or capital to grow your business faster.
More partners means more choice: With BigCommerce, Weebly, Ecwid, WooCommerce, Magento and Wix, you have your pick of outstanding platforms to build your online shopfront on.
Simple pricing: You’ll never be confused with unclear pricing schedules, variable rates for different card types or hidden fees. Payments accepted online with Square are charged at the flat rate of 2.2% per transaction — that’s it.
Trusted payments: Square looks after your PCI compliance and payments security so that you can focus on building your best website. Deposits for your online payments are made within our standard deposit schedule, so you know exactly what to expect.
Here’s a rundown of the e-commerce platforms you can choose from:
Square Online Store
- Stand out with eye-catching website designs. Our easy-to-use online store builder helps you create beautiful layouts that showcase your products and drive more business.
- Square Online Store seamlessly integrates with Square Point of Sale to simplify all aspects of your business and keep online and in-person orders, items, and inventory in sync, all in one place.
- Let online shoppers pick up items in-store or have them shipped. Your online store and in-store inventory update automatically for easy tracking.
- Your customers can order and pay on your restaurant’s website and pick up in person. Use the Square POS app to see all your orders in one place, accept them, and notify the customer when they’ll be ready.
BigCommerce provides all the tools and features required to build a modern online store to grow your brand and sell more.
- Make it easy for your customers to shop online, and for you to run your business. Integrate BigCommerce and Square to list your products across multiple channels natively from within a single platform, reducing time spent on backend management tasks and increasing overall selling potential.
- Keep your products and inventory in sync across systems. Inventory and orders are automatically updated across all your sales channels,removing the need for manual bookkeeping and the risk of overselling.
- Moving online is easy. With a few clicks you can dramatically expand your reach and sales by launching an online store and reaching millions of potential customers who may not be local to your store or market.
Ecwid is the easiest and fastest way to sell online. Grow your sales quickly on the web, Facebook, mobile and much more. Ecwid’s full integration with Square Australia enables you to sync your data, bringing your bricks-and-mortar business online.
- Run your business anywhere with Ecwid’s platform, mobile apps and easy-to-use merchant tools.
- Build your omnichannel business seamlessly with Ecwid and Square’s real-time inventory, catalogue, customer and order sync.
- Sell on your existing website, Ecwid’s custom Starter Site, Facebook, mobile app, marketplaces and everywhere.
- Free plan allows you to start selling online right away at no additional cost.
WooCommerce powers 40% of all of the online stores across the world. Become a truly omnichannel business by powering your online and offline operations with Square and WooCommerce.
- Sell anything from physical products and digital downloads to subscriptions, memberships, bookings, and more.
- Take care of your inventory at your online and offline locations by syncing your Square inventory. If you sell something online, your offline inventory will adjust accordingly.
- If you already sell online with WooCommerce, you’ll be able to sync your product library into your Square POS at your brick and mortar.
- Choose from hundreds of trusted extensions to customise, design and add functionality to your online shopfront.
Bridge your Square account with your current Magento website with the new Square Payments Extension, available on the Magento Connect marketplace for Magento version 1.x and on the Magento Marketplace for Magento version 2.x.
- The seamless integration enables customers making a purchase online from your Magento-powered site to accept credit and debit cards using Square.
- A simple to install extension means you’ll be up and running quickly.
- Enjoy full PCI compliance for your existing e-commerce website with all transaction and payment processing handled offsite by Square.
Head to the Square App Marketplace to view all of our new partners for e-commerce businesses.