You can connect a compatible third-party printer to the Square app on an iPhone or iPod touch. Below, you’ll find a list of supported hardware, where to purchase and information on getting set up.
Receipt Printers with Ethernet Interface
The Ethernet printers compatible with the Square app are thermal printers, meaning they require heat-sensitive paper and won’t work with non-thermal receipt paper. These types of printers aren’t ideal for kitchens or high-temperature working areas.
- Star Micronics TSP143LAN *
- Star Micronics TSP654IIE3 *
- Star Micronics TSP654SK **
- Star Micronics TSP143IIILAN
* Compatible with 80 mm/3” receipt paper.
** Supports both 80 mm and 58 mm receipt paper.
Bluetooth Receipt Printers
Bluetooth printers are mobile, and well-suited for businesses that don’t require fast or frequent printing.
- Star Micronics SM-S220i *
- Star Micronics SM-230i
- Star Micronics SM-T300i **
- Star Micronics: TSP650II **
* Compatible with 58 mm/2” receipt paper
** Supports 80 mm/3” receipt paper
Impact Kitchen Printer with Ethernet Interface
Impact printers only print order tickets for a kitchen. They’re not affected by heat and can withstand warm environments.
- Star Micronics SP742ML: Ethernet interface impact printer with 80 mm/3” receipt paper.
You can find most of these items on the site Storekit.