Team Management Subscription & Pricing
With Team Management, you have access to tools that will help you manage your team easily. Offering both a free plan and paid plan, Team Management allows you to decide how you’d like to run your business – across locations, devices and job functions.
When using the free plan, your team members will have the ability to clock in/out at your point of sale, while you’re able to track their time using timecards. You can also secure and restrict sensitive areas of your Point of Sale and online Dashboard with Team Permissions, at no additional cost. To get started with the free plan, simply add your first team member. Learn more about getting started.
With Team Plus, you’ll have access to advanced features, like unlimited sets of permissions, activity log by team member, sales reporting by team member, labour cost vs sales reports, multiple wages and more. To get started, sign up for a 30-day free trial here.
|Team Management||Team Plus|
|Pricing||Free for all locations||£20/mo per location|
|Square POS integration||✔️||✔️|
|Break violation reporting||-||✔️|
|Early break clock in prevention||-||✔️|
|Multiple wage rates||-||✔️|
|One set of permissions + Owner Passcode||✔||-|
|Unlimited sets of permissions + Owner Passcode||-||✔️|
|Analytics & Reporting|
|Activity log by team member||-||✔️|
|Sales reporting by team member||-||✔️|
|Aggregate Sales vs Labour reporting||-||✔️|
|Individual Sales vs Labour reporting||-||✔️|
Team Management vs Team Plus
When you sign up for Team Management, you’re able to create an owner passcode for yourself, as well as a single set of permissions that will apply to all your team members with Team Permissions. By using Team Permissions, your team members will have the ability to use a single Team Passcode to log into the point of sale. They can also use personal passcodes to clock in/out and use timecards – at no additional cost. Your owner passcode can then be used to override any passcode-related actions taken by your team members.
By signing up for Team Plus, you’ll have access to:
- Unlimited roles: Create unlimited team roles, each with their own custom permissions.
- Team member sales reporting: Track sales by team member, calculate labour vs sales cost and make paying out commissions easy.
- Multiple wages: Assign team members multiple job titles and wages.
- Labour vs sales reporting: Run reports that track labour cost against sales by team member.
- Activity log by team member: Track sensitive actions taken by your team – such as processed refunds, comps/voids and discounts.
Your subscription to Team Plus comes with a 30-day free trial. After your 30-day trial, you’ll be charged a prorated amount for the remainder of the current month for each location using more than one role. Moving forward, Square will charge you £20 on the first of each month for every active location with an assigned team member.
You can also pause your subscription or unsubscribe at any time. Similar to a cancellation, each pause is managed per individual subscription. To pause or unsubscribe from your Team Plus subscription:
- From your online Square Dashboard, visit Account & Settings
- Click Business > Pricing & Subscriptions.
- Under Subscription Pricing, click Manage next to the appropriate subscription.
- Click Pause Subscription or Cancel Subscription.
When you pause your subscription, you’ll still have access to paid features for 30 days. Once your 30-day time frame has expired, you will no longer be able to:
- Access Team Sales or Labour vs Sales reporting
- Access Break Violation reporting
- Access the team member filter within the Reports applet on the Square app or Square Dashboard
- Access Activity Log by Team Member
- Assign new team members multiple job titles/wages
- Block early break clock-ins and allow team members to add notes to their timecards
Note: You can pause for up to 3 months and unpause at any time. Any existing team members that have access to shared Team Permissions will continue to have the ability to clock in/out and use the Square app to take payments on your behalf. To learn more about pausing subscriptions, visit our Pause Subscription FAQs.
If you use Team Plus to manage your team members, but don’t need all of the paid features, you have the option to downgrade your subscription to the free tier of Team Management. To downgrade your subscription:
- From your online Square Dashboard, visit Account & Settings.
- Click Business > Pricing & Subscriptions.
- Under Subscription Pricing, click Manage next to Team Plus.
- Select the Team Management option, free of cost.
If you are an account owner or a team member with full access permissions, you can choose to downgrade from Team Plus to the free tier of Team Management and your team members will automatically be reassigned to Team Permissions. If Team Permissions aren’t set up in your online Square Dashboard, you will have the option to set them up for your team members during the downgrade process.
If you are a team member that doesn’t have full access permissions, but you have the Manage and Subscribe to Services permission enabled, you will only have the option to pause or cancel your subscription.
Note: If downgrading your subscription changes team member access points (e.g. Mobile Point of Sale access vs Shared Point of Sale access), you will be notified that an update to their team member profile is required. For example, if a team member who used Mobile Point of Sale gains access to Shared Point of Sale through reassignment to Team Permissions, you will be alerted to provide them with a 4-digit passcode.
Learn more about managing your Square subscriptions and payment cards.