Payments accepted with Square are deposited directly to your linked bank account based on your deposit schedule.
You have three different options to receive your deposits: Next Business Day, Same-Day Deposit or Instant Deposits. We do not have deposit limits on our Next Business Day deposit option and we won’t hold funds based on transaction type, amount, or frequency. You should always see your deposits arrive based off of your selected schedule.
If you can’t find a deposit, review the information below to make sure you’ve ruled out common issues:
View Deposit Details
From the Online Square Dashboard
- Visit Deposits > Deposit Reports in your online Square Dashboard.
- Use the date-selector tool at the top-left of the page to refine the date range of your deposit search. Note: Click the middle of the date-selector tool to see a full calendar view.
- Click on any deposit in the list to view details, including the last three digits of the bank account where the deposit was sent, and the individual card payments included in the deposit.
From the Square Point of Sale app
- Tap: or the down arrow at the top of the Square Register:
- Tap Deposits.
- Tap Deposit Reports.
Review Your Deposit Schedule
- Depending on what day and time you took your payments, check your selected deposit schedule cutoff times. If payments were accepted after the day’s cutoff time, those payments will be sent in your next deposit.
- Deposits aren’t sent Fridays and Saturdays. You should receive payments accepted on Friday and Saturday on Monday morning.
- Most banks are closed weekends and holidays, so deposits are usually delayed during these times.
Check Your Payments
- Make sure the payments you’re expecting have completed.
- Make sure all payments were processed as credit and not recorded as cash, check, or other tender. Money isn’t actually processed through Square with the cash, check, and other tender options.
- Offline Mode payments will be sent per your deposit schedule once they’ve been uploaded.
- Payments accepted with sign and tip on printed receipt will be deposited once they’ve been settled.
Check Your Bank Account
- Check that your bank account is verified. If you take payments before linking your bank account, money will remain in your account balance until your bank is verified.
- Check if a deposit is pending. Pending deposits will complete and should arrive in the next 1-2 business days.
- Make sure your Square account isn’t linked to a closed bank account. Learn what to do if deposits were sent to a closed account.
- It can take a few business days for deposits to show up based on your bank’s processing speeds. Contact your bank to get information on their processing times.
If you are still having trouble locating your deposits, check your email to see if you’ve been contacted by Square. If you have, reply to that email. You’ll also want to double check your junk folder as some email filters may automatically sort out Square’s emails.