Funds accepted with Square are transferred directly to your linked bank account. If you have processed a payment and have not received a transfer, please follow the steps below to make sure everything is in order:
View Transfer Details
From the Online Square Dashboard
- Visit Balance > Transfer Reports in your online Square Dashboard.
- Use the date-selector tool at the top-left of the page to refine the date range of your transfer search. Note: Click the middle of the date-selector tool to see a full calendar view.
- Click on any transfer in the list to view details, including the last three digits of the bank account where the transfer was sent and the individual card payments included in the transfer.
From the Square Point of Sale app
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner to navigate to the menu or the down arrow at the top of the Square Register.
- Tap Balance.
- Tap Transfer Reports.
If you can’t find a transfer, review the information below to make sure you’ve ruled out common issues:
- Make sure all your payments have completed.
- Make sure all payments were processed as Credit and not recorded as Cash or Other Tender.
- Double check that your bank account is verified. If you start taking payments before linking your bank account, your funds will be held in your Square balance. Follow these steps to verify your bank account.
- Keep in mind that it can take a few business days for transfers to show up. Contact your bank to get an idea of how long this usually takes.
- Transfers from Square sent to your linked bank account can be identified by searching Square Inc in your bank statement.
- Visit the Balance tab of your online dashboard to view the card payments included in each transfer. You can also download a CSV file with your transfer details.
- Check your email inbox to see if you’ve been contacted about your account. If you have, reply to that email.
- Make sure your Square account is not linked to a closed bank account. If so, the funds may have been sent to that account, or may be in the process of bouncing back to Square. If you’d like our help unlinking your current bank account so your transfers are held in your Square balance until your new account is linked, contact us.