Square Card Guide
Now that you have your Square Card, you’re ready to start taking payments, and spending your funds anywhere internationally Mastercard® debit cards are accepted.
Read more in our Square Card FAQ.
Get Started with Your Square Card
Square Card is a free business debit card that is connected to your Square balance. Take a payment, and the money you earn is reflected in your balance in real time, and ready to spend on your Square Card.
Manage your Square Card
Once you order your Square Card, you can manage your card and settings through your Square online Dashboard or Square app.
From your Square app
Go to the Balance tab of your Square app and then click on Square Card.
From your online Square Dashboard
Go to the Balance tab of your online Square Dashboard, select Square Card and then select Card Management to manage your Square Card and customize your settings.
Watch the video to learn how you can easily:
- Temporarily disable your card: If you lose your card or just want to temporarily disable transactions, you can simply toggle this feature on and off.
- Add Square Card to Apple or Google Pay: Enjoy faster online, in-app, and in-person payments with your phone. Reminder, you can only add your phone to Apple or Google Pay from your Square app – not your phone’s wallet settings.
- Reset your Square Card PIN: When you need to reset your card PIN, you can do so in minutes.
- View your billing address: If you need your billing address or zip code to complete a transaction, you can easily find it in POS or Dashboard. Reminder, currently you can only edit your billing address in your online Square Dashboard by visiting Balance > Square Card > Card > Card Management.
View your Balance Activity
To view your Square Balance activity, visit the Balance tab in your Square app or from your online Square Dashboard.
Watch the video to learn more about:
- Tracking card spend, transfers, and aggregated sales activity.
- Separating business and personal spending.
- Downloading reports with your Square Card transactions.
Manage your Balance
You can access the funds from your sales through Square in real time with your Square Card. You can also withdraw funds from your balance at any ATM where Mastercard debit cards are accepted with your Square Card.
You can transfer funds from your Square balance to your linked bank account or debit card at any time using next-business-day or instant transfers.
Read more about managing your balance.
Add Square Card to Your Digital Wallet
Square Card includes the option to add your card to Apple Pay or Google Pay for faster online, in-app, and in-person payments with your phone. Reminder, you can only add your phone to Apple or Google Pay from your Square app and not your phone’s wallet settings.
Read more about adding Square Card to your digital wallet.
File a Claim on Your Square Card
Where there are card payments, there are payment disputes. As a Square Card holder, you can count on us to help you through this process and present your claim to the merchant in a timely manner.