You can view your deposit details from your online Square Dashboard or the Square Point of Sale app. Review this quick guide to discover valuable deposit reporting tools.
Identify Payments Included In Deposits
From the Deposits tab of your Dashboard:
- Use the date-selector tool at the top-left of the page to refine the date range of your deposit search. Note: Click the middle of the date-selector tool to see a full calendar view.
- Click on any deposit in the list to view details, including the last three digits of the bank account where the deposit was sent, and the individual card payments included in the deposit.
From your Square Point of Sale app:
- Select Reports from the navigation bar > tap Deposits.
- Tap any deposit from History section to to view details, including the last three digits of the bank account where the deposit was sent, and the individual card payments included in the deposit.
If you’re reviewing a deposit and don’t see all of the payments you were expecting to receive for that day, these payments were most likely included in the following deposit. This can happen if payments were accepted after your daily deposit cut-off time.
Learn about our deposit schedule options and select the schedule that best meets your business needs.
Identify Online Store Payments in Your Deposits
When a customer places an order through your Online Store, the money is immediately deducted from their payment card and stays in your Square balance until you complete the order.
Online Store sales are reflected in your Deposits Summary in the following two ways:
- Deferrals Held: Online orders that haven’t completed. These are pending funds and will be deposited to your linked bank account when the order has been marked as complete by you.
- Deferrals Released: Online orders that have completed. If an online order is mark as complete after your daily deposit cutoff time (for example after 5 pm PT on Thursday) funds are included in your next deposit and appear as Deferrals Released.
Download Your Deposit History
- From Deposits in your Dashboard, click the date-selector tool at the top-left corner to choose the date range you’d like to view.
- Click the location selector to filter your deposits by location.
- Click Export > Spreadsheet at the top-right corner of the page.
A spreadsheet will download to your computer as a CSV file, which you can open with your preferred spreadsheet software.
Note: Deposit details aren’t available for deposits made before January 2012.
We also provide integration with different accounting softwares. Learn more about our accounting partners and how to integrate your Square account.
Create Deposit Tags
If you’re using the same bank account for multiple locations, use deposit tags to identify which location is linked to a specific deposit.
- From Locations, click a specific location.
- Enter a deposit tag under Bank Information.
- Click Save.