You can view your deposit details from your online Square Dashboard or the Square Point of Sale app. Review this quick guide to discover valuable deposit reporting tools.
Identify Payments Included In Deposits
From your Online Square Dashboard:
- Visit Deposits > Deposit Reports in your online Square Dashboard.
- Use the date-selector tool at the upper left-hand side of the page to refine the date range of your deposit search. Note: Click the middle of the date-selector tool to see a full calendar view.
- Click on any deposit in the list to view details, including the last three digits of the bank account where the deposit was sent and the individual card payments included in the deposit.
From your Square Point of Sale app:
- Tap Deposits from the navigation bar.
- Tap Deposit Reports.
- Tap any deposit under the History section to view details, including the last three digits of the bank account where the deposit was sent and the individual card payments included in the deposit.
If you’re reviewing a deposit and don’t see all of the payments you were expecting to receive for that day, these payments were most likely included in the following deposit. This can happen if payments were accepted after your daily deposit cut-off time.
Learn about our deposit schedule options and select the schedule that best meets your business needs.
Identify Online Store Payments in Your Deposits
When a customer places an order through your Online Store, the money is immediately deducted from their payment card and stays in your Square balance until you complete the order.
Online Store sales are reflected in Deposits in your online Square Dashboard in the following two ways:
- Deferrals Held: Online orders that haven’t completed. These are pending funds and will be deposited to your linked bank account when the order has been marked as complete by you.
- Deferrals Released: Online orders that have completed. If an online order is marked as complete after your daily deposit cut-off time (for example after 5 pm PT on Thursday) funds are included in your next deposit and appear as Deferrals Released.
Download Your Deposit History
- From Deposits > Deposit Reports in your online Square Dashboard, click the date-selector tool at the top-left corner to choose the date range you’d like to view.
- Click the location selector to filter your deposits by location.
- Click Export > Summary CSV at the upper right-hand corner of the page.
A spreadsheet will download to your computer as a CSV file, which you can open with your preferred spreadsheet software.
Note: Deposit details aren’t available for deposits made before January 2012.
We also provide integration with different accounting software. Learn more about our accounting partners and how to integrate your Square account.
Can’t Find Deposits?
Funds accepted with Square are deposited directly to your linked bank account. If you have processed a payment and have not received a deposit, please follow the steps below to make sure everything is in order:
- Make sure all your payments have completed.
- Make sure all payments were processed as Credit and not recorded as Cash or Other Tender.
- Double check that your bank account is verified. If you start taking payments before linking your bank account, your funds will be held in your Square balance. Follow these steps to verify your bank account.
- Keep in mind that it can take a few working days for deposits to show up. Contact your bank to get an idea of how long this usually takes.
- Visit the Deposits tab of your online dashboard to view the card payments included in each deposit. You can also download a CSV file with your deposit details.
- Check your email inbox to see if you’ve been contacted about your account. If you have, reply to that email.
- Make sure your Square account is not linked to a closed bank account. If so, the funds may have been sent to that account, or may be in the process of bouncing back to Square. If you’d like our help unlinking your current bank account so your deposits are held in your Square balance until your new account is linked, contact us.