Match Deposits To Sales
You can view your deposit details from your online Square Dashboard or the Square Point of Sale app. Review this quick guide to discover valuable deposit reporting tools.
Identify Payments Included In Deposits
From your Online Square Dashboard:
- Visit Deposits > Deposit Reports in your online Square Dashboard.
- Use the date-selector tool at the top left-hand side of the page to refine the date range of your deposit search. Note: Click the middle of the date-selector tool to see a full calendar view.
- Click on any deposit in the list to view details, including the last three digits of the bank account where the deposit was sent and the individual card payments included in the deposit.
From your Square Point of Sale app:
- Tap Deposits from the navigation bar.
- Tap Deposit Reports.
- Tap any deposit under the History section to view details, including the last three digits of the bank account where the deposit was sent and the individual card payments included in the deposit.
If you’re reviewing a deposit and don’t see all of the payments you were expecting to receive for that day, these payments were most likely included in the following deposit. This can happen if payments were accepted after your daily deposit cut-off time.
Learn about our deposit schedule options and select the schedule that best meets your business needs.
Download Your Deposit History
- From Deposits > Deposit Reports in your online Square Dashboard, click the date-selector tool at the upper left-hand corner to choose the date range you’d like to view.
- Click the location selector to filter your deposits by location.
- Click Export > Summary CSV at the upper right-hand corner of the page.
A spreadsheet will download to your computer as a CSV file, which you can open with your preferred spreadsheet software.
Note: Deposit details aren’t available for deposits made before January 2012.
We also provide integration with different accounting softwares. Learn more about our accounting partners and how to integrate your Square account.
Create Deposit Tags
If you’re using the same bank account for multiple locations, use deposit tags to identify which location is linked to a specific deposit.
- Visit Locations in your online Square Dashboard, click a specific location.
- Enter a deposit tag under Bank Information.
- Click Save.