Match Transfers to Sales
You can view your transfer details from your online Square Dashboard or the Square Point of Sale app. Review this quick guide to discover valuable transfer reporting tools.
Identify Payments Included in Transfers
- Visit Balance > Transfer Reports in your online Square Dashboard.
- Use the date-selector tool at the top-left of the page to refine the date range of your transfer search. Note: Click the middle of the date-selector tool to see a full calendar view.
- Click on any transfer in the list to view details, including the last three digits of the bank account where the transfer was sent and the individual card payments included in the transfer.
From your Square Point of Sale app:
- Tap Balance from the navigation bar.
- Tap Transfer Reports.
- Tap any transfer under the History section to view details, including the last three digits of the bank account where the transfer was sent and the individual card payments included in the transfer.
If you’re reviewing a transfer and don’t see all of the payments you were expecting to receive for that day, these payments were most likely included in the following transfer. This can happen if payments were accepted after your daily transfer cut-off time.
Learn about our transfer schedule options and select the schedule that best meets your business needs.
Download Your Transfer History
- From Balance > Transfer Reports in your online Square Dashboard, click the date-selector tool at the top-left corner to choose the date range you’d like to view.
- Click the location selector to filter your transfers by location.
- Click Export > Summary CSV at the upper right-hand corner of the page.
A spreadsheet will download to your computer as a CSV file, which you can open with your preferred spreadsheet software.
Note: Transfer details aren’t available for transfers made before January 2012.
We also provide integration with different accounting softwares. Learn more about our accounting partners and how to integrate your Square account.
Create Transfer Tags
If you’re using the same bank account for multiple locations, use transfer tags to identify which location is linked to a specific transfer.
- Visit Locations in your online Square Dashboard, click a specific location.
- Enter a transfer tag under Bank Information.
- Click Save.