Payments accepted with Square are transferred directly to your linked bank account based on your transfer schedule.
You have three different options to receive your transfers: next-business-day, same-day transfer or instant transfers. We do not have transfer limits on our next-business-day transfer option and we won’t hold funds based on transaction type, amount, or frequency. You should always see your transfers arrive based off of your selected schedule.
If you can’t find a transfer, review the information below to make sure you’ve ruled out common issues:
View Transfer Details
From the Online Square Dashboard
- Visit Balance > Transfer Reports in your online Square Dashboard.
- Use the date-selector tool at the top-left of the page to refine the date range of your transfer search. Note: Click the middle of the date-selector tool to see a full calendar view.
- Click on any transfer in the list to view details, including the last three digits of the bank account where the transfer was sent, and the individual card payments included in the transfer.
From the Square Point of Sale app
- Tap: or the down arrow at the top of the Square Register:
- Tap Balance.
- Tap Transfer Reports.
Review Your Transfer Schedule
- Depending on what day and time you took your payments, check your selected transfer schedule cutoff times. If payments were accepted after the day’s cutoff time, those payments will be sent in your next transfer.
- Transfers aren’t sent Fridays and Saturdays. You should receive payments accepted on Friday and Saturday on Monday morning.
- Most banks are closed on the weekends and holidays, so transfers are usually delayed during these times.
Check Your Payments
- Make sure the payments you’re expecting have completed.
- Match transfers to sales.
- Make sure all payments were processed as credit and not recorded as cash, check, or other tender. Money isn’t actually processed through Square with the cash, check, and other tender options.
- Offline Mode payments will be sent per your transfer schedule once they’ve been uploaded.
- Payments accepted with sign and tip on printed receipt will be transferred once they’ve been settled.
Check Your Bank Account
- Check that your bank account is verified. If you take payments before linking your bank account, money will remain in your account balance until your bank is verified.
- Check if a transfer is pending. Pending transfers will complete and should arrive in the next 1-2 business days.
- Make sure your Square account isn’t linked to a closed bank account. Learn what to do if transfers were sent to a closed account.
- It can take a few business days for transfers to show up based on your bank’s processing speeds. Contact your bank to get information on their processing times.
- Transfers from Square sent to your linked bank account can be identified by searching Square Inc in your bank statement. You can also create transfer tags to identify next-business-day transfers from Square. Note: Transfer tags will not display when using instant transfers. Instant transfers sent to your bank account will be described as SQC.
If you are still having trouble locating your transfers, check your email to see if you’ve been contacted by Square. If you have, reply to that email. You’ll also want to double check your junk folder as some email filters may automatically sort out Square’s emails.