With the Square app on any supported device, you can print order tickets for your kitchen, order ticket stubs, and customer receipts. Learn more about connecting printers to iPhones, iPads, Android Devices, and Square Stand.
Use the steps below to print a receipt with the app:
- Authorize the transaction by swiping your customer’s card or recording another form of tender on the payment screen.
- If you have Order Tickets turned on, you’ll be prompted to enter a customer name or order number, or the ticket number will be automatically assigned.
- Tap Print Receipt.
If you are using an iOS device, you are able to print a gift receipt after your sale. To print a gift receipt from the app:
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the navigation bar > Transactions.
- Locate and tap the payment > Print Gift Receipt.
Reprint a Customer Receipt
- From the Square app, tap the following icon in the navigation bar: or the down arrow at the top of the Square Register:
- Tap Transactions.
- Locate and tap the payment you’d like to reprint.
- Tap New Receipt > Print Receipt.
Note: At this time, order tickets can’t be reprinted.
Receipt Best Practices
- Make sure not to send your customers’ receipts to yourself. You’ll receive a payment confirmation after every successful transaction, and you can view payment details from your online Square Dashboard.
- With sign and tip on printed receipts, payments can be settled with a final payment amount, including any added tip, within 36 hours.
- Receipts must be printed on a compatible receipt paper size.
- You must connect a receipt printer to the Square app to print numbered customer stubs and sign and tip receipts.
- Your logo will appear on printed receipts and auth slips. Learn about other customization options for printed receipts.