With the Square app on any supported device, you can print order tickets for your kitchen, order ticket stubs, and customer receipts.
- Authorize the cash or credit card transaction by swiping your customer’s card or recording another form of tender on the payment screen.
- If you have Order Tickets turned on, you’ll be prompted to enter a customer name or order number, or the ticket number will be automatically assigned.
- Tap Print Receipt.
Reprint a Customer Receipt
- From the Square app, tap the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner to navigate to the menu or the down arrow at the top of the Square Register.
- Tap Transactions.
- Locate and tap the payment you’d like to reprint.
- Tap Send Receipt > Print Receipt.
Note: At this time, order tickets can’t be reprinted.
Receipt Best Practices
- Make sure not to send your customers’ receipts to yourself. You’ll receive a payment confirmation after every successful transaction, and you can view payment details from your online Square Dashboard.
- With sign and tip on printed receipts, payments can be settled with a final payment amount, including any added tip, within 36 hours.
- Receipts must be printed on a compatible receipt paper size.
- You must connect a receipt printer to Square Point of Sale to print numbered customer stubs and sign and tip receipts.
- Your logo will appear on printed receipts and auth slips. Learn about other customization options for printed receipts.