Use Square at Your Event
We want your event to run as smoothly as possible. Review the tips below to make sure you feel prepared and comfortable using Square, so you can enjoy yourself and focus on connecting with your customers.
Internet Connection and Apps
- Find out if you’ll have an internet connection on location. A strong internet connection is best, but you can also process payments in Offline Mode if your connection is spotty.
- Make sure you’re using the most recent version of the Square app on your device to access the latest fixes and features.
- Practice swiping with the Square magstripe reader, or if you’ll be accepting chip cards, learn about Square’s chip card reader options.
- It may also be helpful to review how to accept payments without a reader.
- If you need to refund a payment, you can do so from the app or online.
- You can connect a receipt printer and cash drawer to Square Point of Sale to print receipts and manage your cash.
- If a customer’s card is declined, review these payment troubleshooting tips or have your customer contact their card-issuing bank for more information on how to proceed.
- If you have trouble swiping, try these reader troubleshooting tips.
- If you believe your magstripe reader is broken, you can pick one up right away at a local retail store. You can also always order a new one from your online Square Dashboard.
- If you’re having trouble signing in, learn how to reset your password online.
- If an employee forgets their register passcode, you can reset it from your online Square Dashboard.
Hope this helps your event run as smoothly as possible!