Square has tools for businesses of all sizes. Learn more about Square’s multi-location features, including linked locations and deposit options, per-location item libraries, device management for security and premium multi-location reports.
Create and Edit Locations
If your business has multiple locations, you can manage everything under a single master account in your online Square Dashboard. You can create unique business profiles for each location with specific business hours and individual bank accounts to differentiate deposits. You can also pair registers to specific locations with Device Codes.
When viewing your online Square Dashboard, you’ll notice a bar at the top of some pages. Click this feature to switch between your master account and linked locations.
Note: There is a 75-location limit per master account.
To create your first location, visit Business Information in your online Square Dashboard and click New Location.
If you have multiple locations and would like to add another, go to Locations in your online Dashboard and click Create Location. Add the following information about each location:
- Business hours
- Bank account to differentiate deposits by location
- Contact information
- Item library (if you want to match the item library from another location)
Edit Location Information
You can edit locations at any time from Locations in your online Square Dashboard. Just select the location, edit the information and click Save.
To unlink an account, select it from the list of locations and click Deactivate. Inactive accounts will still be visible and can be reactivated at any time. You’re unable to delete locations at this time.
Multi-Location Item Management
Manage your items by location from your administrator account. Items and item settings, including modifiers, discounts and taxes, can all be assigned to specific locations.
Assign Items to Specific Locations
- From Items, click Create Item or click an existing item.
- Select applicable locations and save your changes.
- If you add an item to a new location, check the current item settings (modifier set, discounts and taxes).
Assign Price Points per-Location
- Create a new item or click on a current item.
- Under the item variation, click the blue drop-down arrow next to the item price.
- Adjust the price for each location.
- Click Done.