Manage Multiple Locations with Square
Square has tools for businesses of all sizes. Learn more about Square’s free multi-location features, including linked locations and deposit options, per-location item libraries, device management for security and premium multi-location reports. You can also subscribe to Employee Management to create unique employee logins to manage employee permissions across locations.
Create and Edit Locations
If your business has multiple locations, you can manage everything under a single master account in your online Square Dashboard. You can create unique business profiles for each location with specific individual bank accounts or tags to differentiate deposits. You can also pair your tills to specific locations with Device Codes.
Note: There is a location limit of 300 per master account.
To add or edit a location go to Locations in the Account & Settings section of your online Dashboard. Add the following information about each location:
- Business hours
- Deposit account and deposit tag (to differentiate deposits by location)
- Contact information
- Item library (if you want to match the item library from another location)
Note: Support for matching receipt details, tax, logos and item images from another location is not currently available.
Edit Location Information
You can edit locations at any time from Locations in your online Square Dashboard. Just select the location, edit the information and click Save.
To unlink an account, select it from the list of locations and click Deactivate. Inactive accounts will still be visible and can be reactivated at any time. You’re unable to delete locations at this time.
Add Deposit Tags
Deposit tags help identify deposits to the same bank account from separate business locations. You can add a deposit tag for each location to quickly see which location is responsible for each deposit.
Bulk Assign Employees to Locations
- Visit Account & Settings > Business > Locations in your online Square Dashboard.
- Select a location and scroll to Employees > click the employee count for the selected location.
- Select individual employees, all employees or filter employees by location and role. For example, select the Role filter > All Roles > Manager, then assign all existing employees with the Manager role to the location.
Multi-location Item Management
Manage your items by location from your administrator account. Items and item settings, including modifiers, discounts and taxes, can all be assigned to specific locations.
Assign Items to Specific Locations
- From the Items section of your online Square Dashboard, click Create Item or click an existing item.
- Select applicable locations and save your changes.
- If you add an item to a new location, check the current item settings (modifier set, discounts and taxes).
Assign Price Points per Location
- Visit Items in your online Square Dashboard.
- Under Price and Inventory, click Edit Per Location > Add Price Override.
- Adjust the price for each location > Done.
Once logged in to a specific location in the Square Point of Sale app, you will need to log out and back in to the app in order to select a different location. You can use Permissions to restrict logging out of the app or into a specific location by employees or others using your Point of Sale.