Manage Multiple Locations with Square
Square has tools for businesses of all sizes. Learn more about Square’s free multi-location management features, including linked locations and transfer options, per-location item libraries, device management for security and premium multi-location reports. You can also subscribe for additional team logins as needed.
Create and Edit Locations
If your business has multiple locations, you can manage everything right from your online Square Dashboard. You can create unique business profiles for each location with specific business hours and individual bank accounts or tags to differentiate transfers. You can also manage devices by location with Device Codes.
When viewing your online Square Dashboard, you’ll notice an orange or black bar at the top of some pages, this is to alert you that you are viewing location specific information.
Note: There is a 300-location limit per master account.
Note: The Create Location action cannot be undone. Once a location has been created, it can’t be deleted and will remain visible even if it’s been deactivated.
To create additional locations, visit Locations in your online Square Dashboard and click Create Location. Once you add a new location, you cannot delete locations, but you can deactivate a location at any time. Inactive accounts will still be visible and can be reactivated at any time.
Add the following information about each location:
- Business hours
- Bank account or transfer tag (to differentiate transfers by location)
- Contact information
- Item library (if you want to match the item library from another location)
Edit Location Information
You can edit locations at any time from Locations in your online Square Dashboard. Just select the location, edit the information and click Save.
Add Transfer Tags
Transfer tags help identify transfers to the same bank account from separate business locations. You can add a transfer tag for each location to quickly see which location is responsible for each transfer.
Bulk Assign Team Members to Locations
- Visit Account & Settings > Business > Locations in your online Square Dashboard.
- Select a location and scroll to Team Members > click the team member count for the selected location.
- Select individual team members, all team members or filter team members by location and role. For example, select the Role filter > All Roles > Manager, then assign all existing team members with the Manager role to the location.
Multi-location Item Management
Manage your items by location from your full access team member account. Items and item settings, including modifiers, discounts and taxes, can all be assigned to specific locations.
Assign Items to Specific Locations
- From the Items section of your online Square Dashboard, click Create Item or click an existing item.
- Select applicable locations and save your changes.
- If you add an item to a new location, check the current item settings (modifier set, discounts and taxes).
Assign Price Points per Location
- Visit Items in your online Square Dashboard.
- Under Price and Inventory, click Edit Per Location > Add Price Override.
- Adjust the price for each location > Done.