How to Print Item Labels
Printing sticky labels helps businesses like coffee shops and quick service restaurants complete orders more efficiently by automating the process of writing down each individual drink and/or food order and their modifiers. Printing labels also results in fewer human errors, and produces professional tickets for your in-person, take-out, and delivery orders. Sticky label printing also helps with printing individual labels per item in an order ( e.g. individual boba tea orders, including modifiers with level of sweetness, etc.).
To set up sticky label printing, you will need:
- Star Micronics TSP654SK. This Liner-Free thermal label printer is compatible with 80mm paper.
- A compatible iOS device.
To create your own professional sticky labels directly on the Square Point of Sale app on your iOS devices:
- Open the app and tap the three horizontal lines.
- Tap Settings > Printers > Create Printer Station.
- Tap Printer and select your Star TSP654SK label printer.
- Under the section Use this printer for, toggle on In-person order tickets.
- Turn on single item per ticket. Note: You can select Compact Ticket to save paper.
For more help getting started, check out troubleshooting for supported receipt printers.
Note: Printing item labels is only supported with iOS devices at this time. Keep an eye out for future compatibility for Android devices and other hardware on the Seller Community.