Schedule and Accept Appointments
Spend more time on your business and less time organizing your schedule by managing your calendar, client appointments, and your time from your Square Appointments account. Activate your account and get started.
Once you’ve activated your account, set your business locations, hours, and public profiles from the Business tab. Your designated business hours will automatically be bookable hours.
Note: The business hours you set for Square Appointments initially sets staff availability. You can customize these hours at any time from Staff. If you update staff hours, these changes will not update the business hours you set. You can also Customize Availability on a weekly basis for one-off schedule changes.
Schedule Client Appointments
To schedule client appointments from the your Square Appointments account:
- Visit your Calendar.
- Click and drag the block of time you’d like to book. The pop-up window allows you to schedule your appointments or change availability on your public calendar.
Schedule an appointment and include details such as client contact information, appointment location, notes, or add a Card on File for your client. All client information is saved to your Client List. Learn more about client management.
Note: For repeat appointments, the price will initially reflect the price at the time of the first booked appointment, but can be updated at any time.
- You can add an additional service by clicking the Add Another Service drop-down menu.
In the example shown above, the service has 15 minutes blocked off to allow for cleanup. If any service that’s part of a multiple service appointment has blocked off time configured, that will appear as the last step in the appointment. You can adjust the blocked off time as needed, or set it to None to remove it completely. If you try to book over an existing appointment, you’ll see a notification warning you before you double-book.
The total appointment time and cost is auto-calculated and displayed at the bottom.
You can also schedule client appointments from the Square Appointments app for iPad:
- Open the app > tap Calendar.
- Use the date selector to choose the date > tap on a time to create a new appointment.
- Add a customer, staff member, and services > tap Save.
Allow Clients to Book Appointments Online with Multiple Services
By default, clients will not be able to book appointments with multiple services online. You can enable your online booking site to support booking multiple services from your dashboard by navigating to Settings > Calendar & Booking > and toggling “Allow multiple services to be booked online” on.
Once enabled, clients will be able to select more than one service from your booking site.
Clients will only be able to select a combination of services that a single staff member can provide, so there’s no need to worry that clients will book an appointment that you can’t handle.
Schedule Your Time
Create a personal event to schedule a block of time on the calendar as busy or free.
Your clients can also book appointments directly from your website and your Square booking site using the website booking tools.
Accept Square Appointments
From Overview in your dashboard, you can see your pending and upcoming appointments as well as client messages at a glance.
To confirm a pending appointment, click Decline or Accept. Your client will be notified of your response.
- If declined, the pending appointment drops off the Overview page and your calendar.
- If accepted, the appointment moves to your Upcoming Appointments and is confirmed and reflected on your calendar.
Click any upcoming appointment to view the appointment details, make changes, or cancel the appointment.
You can also accept appointments directly from Calendar. Pending appointments appear on your calendar. Click any pending appointment and click Accept or Decline.
Your Staff’s Appointments
From Calendar, you can also manage each added staff members’ calendar. Add vacation or time off so clients know when you and your staff are away.
Choose the combined schedule view to see all booked time or the side-by-side view to see upcoming appointments for each staff member simultaneously.
Learn more about managing your staff with Square Appointments.
Manage Your Appointment Notifications
You and your staff can receive email and text message appointment notifications. From Staff, click any staff member to edit their notification settings. Click “Owner sent a copy” for each staff member to receive copies of all appointment notifications.
Action-based notifications are sent to specific recipients when an appointment is created or changed. Notifications are sent based on who takes the action.
- A client books (or requests to book) an appointment: The client, staff assigned to the appointment, and the owner will receive notifications.
- A staff member schedules or edits their own appointment: The staff member can send the client a customized email or text notification. The staff taking the action and the owner will not receive notification of the appointment.
- A staff member schedules or edits an appointment for a different staff member: The staff taking the action can send the client a notification via email or text. Both the staff member assigned to the reservation (not taking action on the appointment) and the owner, will get notifications.
Learn how to manage your calendar from the Square Appointments App.