Pay Invoices with Square
If you receive an emailed invoice from a merchant using Square, you can pay it online.
How to Pay a Square Invoice
- To pay a Square Invoice, begin by clicking Pay Invoice in the invoice notification email.
- Fill in all required info: Name on card, card number, expiration month and year, CVV, and billing zip code. You can also pay using Apple Pay on a compatible Mac computer, iPhone, or iPad.
- Click Submit.
We recommend paying your invoice within 30 days, but the merchant may include different payment terms. Make sure to read through the invoice thoroughly, and follow the merchant’s instructions. If the merchant has tipping enabled, you’ll also see the option to include a tip with your payment. You can add a tip of up to 50% of the invoice total.
If you experience any issues with paying a Square Invoice, review these helpful troubleshooting tips.
Reply to an Invoice
If you have any questions about the items listed, amount owed, or would like to request a refund, reply from your invoice email to contact the merchant.
The invoice itself may also contain the merchant’s email and phone number at the bottom of the page.
Save Your Payment Card on File
When paying an invoice sent by a Square merchant, you can save your credit or debit card information to make paying invoices from that business faster. There is no charge to you for paying a Square Invoice or saving your card on file and can remove your payment card information at any time.
To save your card on file:
- Click Pay Invoice in the invoice notification email.
- Fill in all required info: Name on card, card number, expiration month and year, billing zip code, and CVV.
- Check the box authorizing the business to store and charge this card for future purchases.
- Click Pay.
Remove Your Payment Card on File
To update your payment card information or save a different card on file:
- Visit the last invoice you received from the Square merchant.
- At the bottom of the email, follow the link to your Card Dashboard.
- Once in your Card Dashboard, click Remove next to the card details and select a reason for the removal.
Card on File Security
Square’s approach to security is designed to protect you with industry-leading standards for fraud protection. We keep your information safe and notify you anytime your saved payment card is charged so you can review your purchases, revoke authorization if you choose, and be on the lookout for unauthorized transactions. Learn more about Square’s security practices.
Card on File Email Notifications
When you first approve a merchant to save your card information, you will be required to provide your email address and your card’s billing ZIP code. Your email address will be used to notify you when your card is stored, if your email address is changed, when a payment is made using your stored payment card, and for marketing or other messages from this merchant.