Pay Invoices with Square
If you receive an emailed or manually shared invoice from a merchant using Square, you can pay it online using a supported payment card, Apple Pay or Google Pay.
How to Pay a Square Invoice
- To pay a Square Invoice, begin by clicking Pay Invoice in the invoice notification message.
- Fill in all required info: name on card, card number, expiration month and year and security code (CVV). Note: You can also pay using Apple Pay or Google Pay.
- Click Submit.
You can also opt to pay with a physical or electronic gift card associated with the business invoicing you. To do so:
- From your Invoice notification email, click Pay Invoice.
- Tap the arrow next to Pay By Card.
- Select Pay by gift card. Note: You can tap Check balance before proceeding in order to check the balance of the gift card being used.
- Enter the full gift card PAN.
- Select the amount you want to pay. Note: The amount entered can not exceed the balance of the gift card.
- Tap Charge.
We recommend paying your invoice within 30 days, but the merchant may include different payment terms. Make sure to read through the invoice thoroughly, and follow the merchant’s instructions. If the merchant has tipping enabled, you’ll also see the option to include a tip with your payment. You can add a tip of up to 50% of the invoice total.
If you experience any issues with paying a Square Invoice, review these helpful troubleshooting tips.
You also have the option to pay your invoice in person with the Square Seller.
Reply to an Invoice
If you have any questions about the items listed, amount owed or would like to request a refund, reply from your invoice message to contact the merchant.
The invoice itself may also contain the merchant’s email and phone number. Click Pay Invoice to open invoice details, and scroll to the bottom of the page to find shared contact information.
Update your Reply-To Email Address
When a merchant replies to an invoice or estimate email, make sure the message is sent to your preferred email address by taking the following steps:
- Visit your Account & Settings tab in your online Square Dashboard > Business > Locations.
- Click on the location you want to edit.
- Within Contact Information, update your preferred email address for that location > press Save.