Pay Invoices with Square
Paying an invoice sent by a Square Seller is made easy.
To pay a Square Invoice, begin by clicking Pay Invoice in the invoice notification message.
You’ll need the following information:
- Name on card
- Card number
- Expiration month and year
You can also opt to pay with a physical or electronic gift card associated with the business invoicing you. To do so:
- From your Invoice notification email, click Pay Invoice.
- Tap the arrow next to Pay By Card.
- Select Pay by gift card. Note: You can tap Check balance before proceeding in order to check the balance of the gift card being used.
- Enter the full gift card PAN.
- Select the amount you want to pay. Note: The amount entered can not exceed the balance of the gift card.
- Tap Charge.
We recommend paying your invoice within 30 days, but the merchant may include different payment terms. Make sure you read through the invoice thoroughly and follow the merchant’s instructions.
You also have the option to pay your invoice in person with the Square Seller.
If you experience any issues with paying a Square Invoice, review these helpful troubleshooting tips.
Contact the Merchant
If you have any questions about the items listed, amount owed or would like to request a refund, reply from your invoice message to contact the merchant.
The invoice itself may also contain the merchant’s email and phone number. Click Pay Invoice to open invoice details, and scroll to the bottom of the page to find shared contact details.