Get Started with Orders in Square POS
Order Manager is available in the Square POS app on iPad/iPhone, Android tablet/phone as well as Square Register. This guide will walk you through setup.
- Download the latest version of the Square POS app. If you are using Square Register, please make sure your Square Register is up to date. Order Manager is available on POS 5.17 or greater in the App Store and Google Play.
- On the Square POS app, tap the three horizontal lines in the top-left corner. For the Square Register, tap the up arrow.
- Select Orders from the menu.
- Go to your POS Settings > scroll to Orders.
- Enable Order settings you prefer. More information on Order settings below. Note: If you do not see Alerts in Settings, please force-close your app and re-open.
Note: If you do not see Alerts in Settings, please force-close your app and reopen.
In-app alerts for new orders can be toggled on or off. There are options for how often you want to see new order alerts. You can view new orders immediately, or choose “View Later” to dismiss the notification.
Note: Alerts will not appear when you are viewing Order Manager or when you are checking out a customer. Ensure that the device does not sleep to get order alerts. Finally, the device setting Background App Refresh needs to be turned on in order for in-app alerts to appear.
Printer Station setup
Setting up a printer station will have slightly different directions for Android and iOS. Please review the directions for your device below.
To set up a printer station on Android devices:
- Navigate to Settings > Hardware > Printers.
- Create a new printer station or update the settings on an existing printer station.
- Tap Printer and select your printer.
- Make sure the receipt printer and your device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. To test your connection, tap Test Print.
- Be sure to enable the Order Tickets toggle option for the printer station(s) you want to print Order Manager order tickets.
- Tap** Save**.
To set up a printer station on iOS devices:
- Go to Settings > Printers > then select the printer you want to print orders to.
- Under Use this printer for, navigate to Online Order Tickets.
- Toggle on Use this printer for online order tickets and select categories you want to print.
- Optional: Toggle on Single item per Ticket if you want to print a single item per ticket. This is useful if you need to send specific items to different prep stations or service counters to fulfil orders.
Search using the order ID or recipient contact information (name, phone number, email). You can also filter by order status, fulfillment type and order source. Each order has relevant fulfillment details in the Active order view, including recipient name, fulfillment type, placed at date, order number (if provided) and fulfillment status (New, In Progress, Ready, Completed).
Order Detail Page
The Order Detail pages display details relevant to the fulfillment including pickup date and time, recipient information, line item details and order payment info.
Use the Completed filter to view completed orders. Completed orders have a link to the corresponding Transaction detail for issuing refunds and sending receipts.