Learn more about Square’s warranty and return policies and find out how to submit a warranty claim or request a refund.
Technical Issues with Hardware
If you’re having trouble with your Square hardware, try the tips in the following Support Centre articles before submitting a warranty claim:
If you’re having technical issues with any of your third-party hardware accessories, visit the manufacturer’s site for troubleshooting tips:
- Star Micronics TSP143IIU receipt printer
- APG Vasario 1616 USB cash drawer
- Symbol LS2208 USB bar code scanner
Square Hardware Limited Warranty
We want to make sure you’re back to business as quickly as possible. If you’ve already attempted troubleshooting common problems and you’re still having issues with your Square Hardware, please follow these steps:
- Complete the warranty claim process.
- We’ll ship you a replacement hardware unit, with any accompanying accessories. The replacement hardware should arrive in 5-7 days.
- Send us your old hardware within 14 days of receiving your new unit. Use the same box that your replacement unit arrived in and apply the FedEx label we’ve provided via email. Square will pay for shipping both ways.
Important: Be sure to return your old Square Hardware within 14 days of receiving your new unit. Otherwise, we’ll assume you want to keep both units and charge the cost of the new hardware to your credit card on file.
Return Hardware Purchased from Square
Square offers a 30-day, risk-free return policy on all hardware purchased from Square Shop. To return your hardware:
- Locate your Order ID number on your original order confirmation email.
- Complete the return form.
- Include all cords, the original packaging and the original packing slip with your return.
- Upon receiving your return, Square will refund your payment card after confirming that all hardware is included. Refunds will be issued to the original purchasing card within five to seven business days.
Square products purchased through third-party retailers must be returned in accordance with the respective return and refund policy of the retailer.
Replacement Hardware for Square Stand
If the power adapter and or accessories hub for your Square Stand is lost or damaged, write here.
Warranty Claims for Third-Party Hardware
If you have issues with third-party hardware accessories - Apple iPads, APG cash drawers, Star Micronics receipt printers, or Motorola bar code scanners - contact the appropriate manufacturer.