Square Hardware Limited Warranty and Returns
Any piece of Square hardware can be returned directly to the original point of purchase, whether that be the Square Shop or a physical retailer. Square Stand, Square Terminal and Square Reader are covered by a limited one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
Technical Issues with Square Hardware
If you’re having trouble with your hardware, please visit the following Support Centre articles to troubleshoot:
- Square Contactless and Chip Card Reader Troubleshooting
- Square Stand Troubleshooting
- Square Terminal Troubleshooting
Replacement Hardware for Square Stand and Terminal
If any piece of your Square Stand Accessory Kit (USB hardware hub, power adapter, and power cable) are damaged, please write in to our team to submit a warranty claim for these parts. If you have lost any of the parts or are outside of our one year warranty window, you can purchase a new Square Stand Accessory Kit by visiting our Shop.
To request replacement tools for lost items in your Toolkit, write to our team.
Square Hardware Limited Warranty
Chip Card Readers
The Square Reader for contactless and chip is covered by a limited one year warranty, as is the Square Stand Accessories kit, which includes a USB hardware hub, power adaptor and power cable. If any pieces of your Square Stand Accessory Kit are damaged, please write in to our team to submit a warranty claim for these parts.
We want to make sure you’re back to business as quickly as possible. If you’ve already attempted troubleshooting common problems and you’re still having issues with your Square Reader, please follow these steps:
- Complete the warranty claim process.
- We’ll deliver you a replacement hardware unit, with any accompanying accessories. The replacement hardware should arrive in 5–7 days.
- Send us your old hardware within 14 days of receiving your new unit. Use the same box that your replacement unit arrived in, and apply the Australia Post label we’ve provided via email. Square will pay for delivery both ways.
Important: Be sure to return your old hardware within 14 days of receiving your new unit. Otherwise, we’ll assume you want to keep both units and charge the cost of the new hardware to your credit card on file.
Square Stand is covered by the same limited one-year warranty, as is the Square Stand Accessories kit, which includes a USB hardware hub, power adaptor and power cable. Contact our Support Team to submit a warranty claim for Square Stand or the Square Stand Accessory Kit. The replacement hardware should arrive in 5–7 days.
Square Terminal is covered by the same limited one-year warranty as most of Square’s hardware. In addition to our standard warranty, we want to make sure that you can get back to business as quickly as possible, once your warranty claim is submitted, we will overnight your new Terminal to you.
Note: If you complete the warranty before Midday, Melbourne Time we will ship your new Terminal via overnight mail. This means you should have your replacement Terminal on the next business day. If you complete your warranty after 11am PST, we will ship your Terminal the following day.
Contact our Support Team to start the warranty process.
Return Hardware Purchased from Square
Square offers a 30-day, risk-free return policy on all hardware purchased from Square Shop. To return your hardware:
- Locate your Order ID number on your original order confirmation email.
- Complete the return form.
- Include all cords, the original packaging and the original packing slip with your return.
- Upon receiving your return, Square will refund your payment card after confirming that all hardware is included. Refunds will be issued to the original purchasing card within seven business days.
Square products purchased through third-party retailers must be returned in accordance with the respective return and refund policy of the retailer.
Create Return Labels
To create or print a return label, follow the instructions in the section above. Once you have completed the return form, an electronic return label will be generated and can be saved to or printed from your personal computer.