Hardware Policies and Limited Warranty
Effective Date: May 18, 2021
Square Shop Sales and Return Policy
Thank you for shopping at Square. This Sales and Return Policy applies to your purchase of Square hardware (“Square Hardware”) and third party hardware and accessories (“Third Party Hardware”) from Square (“Third Party Hardware” and “Square Hardware” are collectively referred to as “Products”).
We will ship Products using a carrier selected by us. Your order checkout page shows your shipping method, estimated delivery time and any shipping fees. While we will try to meet your dispatch and delivery dates, we may be unable to do so in the event of low Product inventory. In addition, many events beyond our control can affect the delivery of your Products after we provide them to the carrier. Therefore, we are not liable for late shipment or delivery or any loss, damage or penalty you incur from any delay in shipment or delivery. Notwithstanding the foregoing, risk of loss and title for Products pass to you upon delivery to you.
If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you may return your Products within thirty (30) days of delivery so long as they are in their original condition and packaging and you enclose the original packing slip and the Return Authorization provided by Square. We will refund your purchase price in full. You must return all Products, cords, cables, parts and documentation that were included with the original package. Refunds will be applied to the original purchase method. Only Products purchased directly from Square can be returned to Square. Products you purchase through our authorised retail partners must be returned in accordance with their respective return policies.
Please return Products to: Hytech Logistics Unit 40 Rosemount Business Park Dublin 11
The Products offered from Square consist of Square Hardware as well as Third Party Hardware purchased and resold by Square. From time to time, we may be unable to manufacture or obtain a sufficient supply of Products. In addition, there may be occasions when we confirm your order but subsequently learn that we are unable to supply your Products. Therefore, we reserve the right at any time to limit or change quantities available for purchase or to cancel your order. If we cancel your order, we will refund your purchase price in full.
Limited Product Guarantee Against Defects
Square guarantees the Square Hardware against any defect in manufacture or workmanship or failure of the product to comply with the specifications set out in the instruction manual under normal use for a period of two (2) years from the date of delivery. If such defect appears within two (2) years from the original date of delivery, Square will replace the product at no cost. If you are acting as a consumer under applicable legislation, then this limited guarantee is in addition to (and does not affect) any of your statutory or consumer rights and remedies, including those under the Sales of Goods Act 1893 (as amended).
To make a claim under the limited guarantee, please visit Square Support and follow instructions under “Square Hardware Limited Guarantee”. You will be asked to:
- Complete the guarantee claim process for your Square Hardware. You will be asked to provide a credit card to secure the return of your defective hardware to Square.
- Square will ship you the replacement hardware, along with any accompanying accessories. The replacement hardware should arrive 5-7 business days.
- Return your Square Hardware, along with all accessories, cords, cables, parts and documentation to Square using the prepaid return shipping label provided, within fourteen (14) days of receiving your replacement hardware.
- If you fail to return your defective Square hardware as instructed and within the time frame specified by Square, Square will charge the full cost of the replacement Square hardware to the credit card you provided when you initiated your guarantee-based return.
This limited guarantee does not apply to:
- Square Hardware that has been subjected to alteration, modifications/adaptations, abuse, misuse or otherwise used other than as set out in the instruction manual; or
- Third Party Hardware, which is provided solely according to the guarantee and other terms specified by the manufacturer, who is solely responsible for service and support for its Product. For service, support or guarantee assistance, you should contact the manufacturer of the Third Party Hardware directly.
To contact Square please visit Square Support or call +3531800904846. The limited guarantee applies exclusively to residents of Ireland (excluding Northern Ireland) and is issued by Square whose registered office is located at 70 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin 2, D02 R296, Ireland. This limited guarantee is governed by the laws of Ireland, without regard to choice of law or conflicts of law principles. No Square reseller, agent, or employee is authorised to make any modification, extension or addition to this limited guarantee.