Subscription Payments with Square Online Checkout Links
With Square Online Checkout you can set up one checkout link with the subscription feature enabled. Instead of using Square Invoices for recurring payments, the subscription checkout link can be used to accept weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annual payments from multiple customers with a single checkout link. You can also self-select which specific checkout links your customers will be able to pay through. For example, use donation links for accepting monthly payments from donors/supporters.
Send your customers a subscription checkout link through an email or Square Marketing campaign, or let your customers pay at their convenience by posting the link on social media or your blog. There is no monthly fee for using Square Online Checkout links for receiving subscription payments. You’ll only pay Square’s standard eCommerce processing fee of 2.9% + 30¢ per transaction.
To set up subscription payments from your computer:
- Head to the Homepage of your online Square Dashboard.
- Click Create a checkout link in the Online Checkout section.
- Next to Purpose of link, choose either Collect payments, or Accept Donations.
- Enter a name for your link, this will be displayed to the customer (If prompted, enter the amount you want to charge.)
- Turn on the Allow customers to subscribe toggle.
- Edit the subscription plan by choosing wither weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually
- Click Save to create a checkout link.
- Select Copy, and share the link anywhere.
Review answers to frequently asked questions about Subscriptions with Square Online Checkout links.