If you would like to deactivate your Square for Restaurants account, follow the steps below. You can always resubscribe by signing up for your account again.
If your business relies on your Restaurants reporting, we strongly recommend deactivating your account either before your business day begins, or after it ends.
Deactivate your Square for Restaurants Account
Follow these steps if you want to retain your reporting after deactivating Square for Restaurants. First, you need download your reports for future reference.
- Visit Sales on your online dashboard.
- Click the date selector tool to adjust the time period of your report. Note: For a full calendar view, click the middle of the date selector.
- Select a report to view. For example, click Reports > Item Sales.
- To download your report as a CSV, click Export in the top right.
Once you’ve downloaded your reports, you can deactivate your account.
To deactivate your Square account:
- Sign into your Square Dashboard and select Account & Settings from the navigation tab.
- From the Personal Information tab, scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Select Deactivate Account.
- Select your reason for deactivation and click Continue.
- Enter the verification code.
- If you have two-step verification on your account, your verification code will either be texted to you or you can use your authenticator app.
- If you do not have two-step verification on your account, your verification code will be emailed to the address associated with your Square account.
- Confirm deactivation by selecting Deactivate.