With Square for Retail, you can use Cash Management to help you keep track of cash sales and consolidate your reporting.
Enable Cash Management for a New Device
When you create a device code, you’ll see the option to enable Cash Management.
- Log in to your online Square Dashboard > Points of Sale.
- Click Create Device.
- Create your device — under Cash Management, enable Use Cash Drawer.
- Click Save.
Read more about creating a device code.
Physically Open Cash Drawer
To open your cash drawer outside of a sale, just tap 0.00 from the cart view of the app.
Enable or Disable Cash Management for an Existing Device
To enable Cash Management for an existing device, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your online Square Dashboard.
- Select the device you would like to enable/disable the cash drawer feature on.
- Scroll down to the bottom section on the Edit Device screen, and enable/disable the Use Cash Drawers’ option.
- Enter your cash drawer settings > Save.
Operate Cash Drawer
Once you enable cash management for a device, you can begin and end your cash drawer session to start tracking your cash sales:
Open Cash Drawer Session
- Tap Open Cash Drawer.
- Enter a starting cash amount (you can also set up a default cash amount from your dashboard under Account & Settings > Devices > Edit Device).
Close Cash Drawer Session
- From the Actions menu > tap Close Cash Drawer.
- Enter the closing cash amount in your cash drawer > tap Next.
- Cash drawer report will be displayed on the Square for Retail POS app. You can also review your report on your dashboard.
You can specify in/out amounts that go into your cash drawer outside of the transactions you process from the Retail POS app.
Add Paid In Amount
- From the Actions Menu > tap Add Paid In/Out.
- Enter an amount for Money In.c
- Add a note, or leave it blank > tap Save.
Add Paid Out Amount
- From the Actions menu > tap Add Paid In/Out.
- Tap Money Out.
- Enter an amount for Money Out.
- Type a note, or leave it blank > tap Save.
Note: When you add a note to a paid in/out, the note will be visible in your Cash Drawer Report.
View Cash Drawer Reports with the online Square Dashboard
- Log in to Cash Drawers in your online Square Dashboard.
- All reports generated from closed cash drawers will be displayed.
- Select the report you want to review.
- Click Done to dismiss the report.
Read more about using Square for Retail.