Printer-Driven Cash Drawers
If you’re using a printer-driven cash drawer to connect to a supported receipt printer, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure you have an active Printer Station created for your receipt printer. You can enable a Printer Station by navigating to Settings -> Printers -> Create Printer Station.
- If you already have an active Printer Station, ensure that at least one toggle is active under the Printer Station “Print from this device” section.
- Ensure that your interface cable is properly connected to both your printer and cash drawer. If it looks properly connected, try unplugging and reconnecting both sides of the cable. If that doesn’t work, try switching which device each side of the interface cable is connected to.”
- Restart both the Square app and the device running the Square app.
USB Cash Drawers
If you’re using a USB cash drawer to connect to Square Stand,Square Register, or Square Terminal, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Ensure that your USB cable is properly connected to both your printer and the accessory hub. If it looks properly connected, try unplugging and reconnecting both sides of the cable.
- Check that your accessory hub is properly connected to Square Register, Stand, or Terminal and a wall outlet using the power adaptor and power cable.
- Try updating and restarting your Square app.
- If you are using a Square Stand, remove your iPad from the Square Stand and fully power down and restart the device before reconnecting it to the Square Stand. For Square Register and Square Terminal, press and hold the power button and select Reboot.
If you’re still unable to automatically open your cash drawer through the Square Point of Sale app, you can use the cash drawer key to open it manually.
If you need a replacement key, locate the key code on the lock of your cash drawer, and contact the device manufacturer to order a new one.
Learn more about setting up your cash drawer.