Troubleshoot Your Cash Drawer
If you’re using a printer-driven cash drawer to connect to a supported receipt printer, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure you have an active Printer Station created for your receipt printer. You can enable a Printer Station by navigating to Settings -> Printers -> Create Printer Station.
- If you already have an active Printer Station, ensure that at least one toggle is active under the Printer Station 'Print from this device' section.
- Ensure that your interface cable is properly connected to both your printer and cash drawer. If it looks properly connected, try unplugging and reconnecting both sides of the cable. If that doesn’t work, try switching which device each side of the interface cable is connected to.'
- Restart both the Square app and the device running the Square app.
If you’re using a USB cash drawer to connect to Square Stand, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Ensure that your USB cable is properly connected to both your printer and the Square Stand USB hub. If it looks properly connected, try unplugging and reconnecting both sides of the cable.
- Check that your USB hub is properly connected to both Square Stand and a wall outlet using the power adaptor and power cable.
- Try updating and restarting your Square app.
- Remove your iPad from the Square Stand and fully power down and restart the device before reconnecting it to the Square Stand.
If you’re still unable to automatically open your cash drawer through the Square Point of Sale app, you can use the cash drawer key to open it manually.
Note: When you received your cash drawer, the key should have been taped to a piece of cardboard on the front of it.
Learn more about setting up your cash drawer.