Square Appointments makes it easy for clients to book, update, or cancel appointments directly from your website or Square-powered booking site.
View Your Client’s Booking Flow
From the merchant’s booking site, clients can choose a service, browse staff, and see business hours and contact information.
You can preview your booking site by visiting Online Booking in your Appointments dashboard. Clients will follow the steps below to book an appointment:
- Click a service from the booking site or widget.
- Choose the location of the appointment and if applicable, the staff member available.
Select a time, confirm the time zone, and click Book Appointment Now.
Note: The time zone set while booking, geolocation, and desktop time settings are used to best assess the accurate time zone. We use this time zone to send appointment notifications to clients, staff, and owners.
Once your client selects a time for an appointment, the time slot will unavailable for 10 minutes. If the client does not complete the booking request within the 10 minute window, the time slot will appear as available again.
- Clients will receive either an emailed appointment request notification or appointments confirmation depending on the merchant’s Settings.
- Once the appointment is confirmed by the merchant, the client will receive a confirmation notification.
Appointment Notifications in the Wrong Time Zone
If you or a client are receiving notifications in the wrong time zone, here’s what you can do:
- Check the time and date settings in the Locations section of Account & Settings.
- Check the time and date settings on your mobile device or computer from System Preferences.
- Check the time zone for the affected client from their Client Profile.
- If you’re using the Appointments app, delete and reinstall it.
The client can click on the online booking site and specify the correct time zone in the drop down menu.
Client Appointment Management Tools
Email and SMS Notifications
Square Appointments clients will receive the following notification regarding their appointments, based on the settings the merchant has specified.
- Upcoming Appointment Reminders. You can specify when to send clients email and text reminders of their upcoming appointment. Send an email reminder the day before and an SMS an hour before the scheduled appointment — helping your clients arrive on time and ready for your service.
You can also customize client email notifications from your Appointments dashboard. Note: You are not able to customize SMS notifications at this time.