Square’s transaction search allows customers to search for credit or debit card charges made using Square Point of Sale.
Search for a Transaction
You can search for a transaction by customer name.
To do so:
- Navigate to Transactions on your online Square Dashboard.
- Above your transactions and sales, select Customer from the dropdown menu.
- Enter the customer name you’d like to search for.
You will view all transactions made by that customer.
To look up a charge using the transaction search:
- Enter the amount of the charge as seen your statement, the transaction date, the expiration date, and last 4 digits (located on the front of the card) of the payment card used for the transaction.
- Click Look up receipt, which will take you to your web receipt.
- You have the option to print or save the receipt from your browser settings or share its url.
Receipt information is entered and published by the merchant; each merchant chooses to make their contact information public.
Your privacy and security is very important to us. The information you provide will only be used to look up your transaction. All payment card information is encrypted and submitted to our servers securely. Read more about privacy and security at Square.
Visit Square’s transaction search if any of the following applies to you:
- You don’t recognize a charge
- You need a copy of a receipt
- You haven’t received a receipt