Square’s transaction search allows you to search for credit or debit card charges made using Square Point of Sale.
You can now search transactions by:
- Customer information (name, phone number, email)
- Credit or debit card number used in the transaction
- Receipt ID (located at the bottom of the receipt sent)
- Item or ticket name
- Item, bill, tender or ticket note
- Device name
Search for a Transaction in the Square App
To search for a transaction in your Square App:
- Select Transactions from the navigation menu > tap Search.
- Enter a search by card, phone, name, receipt, notes or item.
- Tap the filter icon to the right to filter by date, dining option, payment method, discount used, receipt total and location.
Related transactions will be listed. Tap a transaction to view more details.
Search for a Transaction on your online Square Dashboard
To search for a transaction on your online Square Dashboard:
- Navigate to Transactions on your online Square Dashboard
- Click the Card # dropdown menu, at the top of your transactions and sales.
- Select a search filter to use.
- Enter your search in the text field. Transaction search does not currently support special characters like commas and hyphens.
Related transactions will be listed. Select a transaction to view more details.